Joes GT is in MM and FF

Extreme281

Banned
I think that Joes TT doesnt run the number in the quarter for a 1000+ mid engine w/drag radials 10.48 144.95 in Orlando ,Im sure a GT w/pulley tune exhaust w/sticky tires would do that for about 10000g's less ...........Just my opinion

Bootie

Established Member
Extreme281 said:
I think that Joes TT doesnt run the number in the quarter for a 1000+ mid engine w/drag radials 10.48 144.95 in Orlando ,Im sure a GT w/pulley tune exhaust w/sticky tires would do that for about 10000g's less ...........Just my opinion
That number was with just a pulley and tune. :bored:

4CEFED

Looters Choice
Established Member
Extreme281 said:
at the time there was definitely some hooking issues.......if im thinking correctly with a 144 mph trap thats a 9 sec. car easy. A 1000+ hp car isnt going to hook on nitto drag radials at the track. Just recently they put some stickier tires on the back .....think they had to have them specially made.....so im sure there are some better times to come:beer:

jj1987

Established Member
Tomm they will test the stickier tires at a "legal" street racing location!

I'm going to get some stuff for Torrie's site that I do (owns the other TTGT), but hopefully I'll get a ride lol!

I won't take or post any video because my attempt at doing so would ruin the excitement for everyone, because I'm no where near as good as the IMV gang, but I'm sure it's gonna be interesting.

4CEFED

Looters Choice
Established Member
article reads "10.48 sec elapsed time at 144.95mph using a compucar bottle in a bag nitrous oxide system set for 75 hp. With the nitrous flowing, the GT turned HP's Dynojet rollers to the tune of 718hp and 686 lb-ft torque" 9 sec territory long before the turbos.....god knows what that beast will run now:rockon:

californiacuda

Established Member
What kind of 1/4 mile times are other fast vehicles running on 18 or 19" drag radials. The real fast times are on 15" wheels with tall sidewalls that allow for mucho traction. The GT won't take a rim smaller than 18".

Users who are viewing this thread