John Lund vs VMP tune?

heatsoaked12

Established Member
I like to know why it took an 8 month old thread to ask the question instead of just pushing 10 digits and asking. Repeat with different number and have your answer

Simply put, I wanted an unbiased opinion as well as didn't want to bother either of these tuners with a small detail (clearly these guys are plenty busy) but without any answer here I will have to give them a call. I actually did a search on the forum instead of creating a new post and somehow still received flack.:shrug:

tvspower

Established Member
Agree you should not receive flack but then again VMP sales are really based on the accessibility to BJ and or Justin.. Their tunes are top notch and their replies exceed expectation.. Just my .02 cents

Black Sex

Established Member
I had a VMP email tune and had no issues, but for a little piece of mind I drove 600 miles to meet with the VMP boys at Shelby Fest '13 and to have them put my car on the dyno and fix any issues.
Justin put the car on the dyno, made one pull and said "this one's perfect".

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Simply put, I wanted an unbiased opinion as well as didn't want to bother either of these tuners with a small detail (clearly these guys are plenty busy) but without any answer here I will have to give them a call. I actually did a search on the forum instead of creating a new post and somehow still received flack.:shrug:

321-206-9369

ask for Justin or BJ for tuning support

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Since 05 the throttle body has been electronic, this opened up the possibility to do what you speak of. Ford actually uses it to make certain cars feel better, or others easier to drive. I use it to a small degree as part of a good overall responsive tune. There can also be customer preference that drives how I calibrate the throttle. It can also be abused. The same table also controls engine braking, with the wrong values in the table you can lose it.

heatsoaked12

Established Member
Since 05 the throttle body has been electronic, this opened up the possibility to do what you speak of. Ford actually uses it to make certain cars feel better, or others easier to drive. I use it to a small degree as part of a good overall responsive tune. There can also be customer preference that drives how I calibrate the throttle. It can also be abused. The same table also controls engine braking, with the wrong values in the table you can lose it.

Thank you! you'll be hearing from me this spring. Looking forward to a pulley tune/tuner and inlet elbow combo. I hope to have my throttle body self ported by then but if I f#&k it up hopefully your new throttle body works with a stock motor and those few mods.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse

Plus others benefit from the info. Ignore the inane bashing, happens everywhere.

mustang loco

Established Member
I have heard of tuners changing the proportions of gas pedal to throttle body position ie; 25% pedal = 50% throttle body opening. Guess you've never heard of this. It would be the illusion of more power at a lessor pedal position. Again I ask does anyone know if either of these tuners use any of this method?

+1, pretty much how previous tuner had did mine or my throttle responded this way..

Sorted this out with new tuner, car runs/drives like stock, very happy with it!

Users who are viewing this thread