Jon Kaase's EMC engine detailed in the March issue of Popular Hot Rodding

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
The article is quite detailed so those wondering what went into this build will find it quite informative. However, I'm only able to post the first page (as to not hurt magazine sales) so to learn more you'll have to buy the issue when it comes out in a couple weeks.

f0bsps.png

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
They are 8-4-2-1 headers and wouldn't be installed they offered no power gain. He tried numerous header variations and this worked the best.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I wanna see someone get that bitch in a mustang!

If I remember to look for it Ill be picking this up when it comes out

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Very impressive what they can do with these motors.

It's all in the matching of the cams, intake, heads and headers. Most of the engines I see here and on other forums have mismatched components which lead to marginal power at best. Examples of this are long duration cams with a stock intake, extremely large headers on low rpm engines, and very short runners on low rpm engines. These combinations sometimes combine to make good peak power but their average power is terrible and the resulting performance is poor.

shurur

Established Member
I'm hoping hot-rodders pick the Ford 4v modular up and that Dart starts making blocks and heads, as well as Trick-Flow jumping in the 4v game.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
I'm hoping hot-rodders pick the Ford 4v modular up and that Dart starts making blocks and heads, as well as Trick-Flow jumping in the 4v game.

The only component needed for a 4v is a good intake manifold, one that will make power beyond 6300 but doesn't require the engine to be spun to 8000. Aftermarket heads and blocks aren't needed.

shurur

Established Member
The only component needed for a 4v is a good intake manifold, one that will make power beyond 6300 but doesn't require the engine to be spun to 8000. Aftermarket heads and blocks aren't needed.

I'm guessing used AL blocks are going to get very expensive over time. I don't see many used Teksid or WAP AL blocks much anymore. Maybe I don't know where to look. I guess 2V blocks will work, but the weight is an issue for even me and my Daily Driver dreams.

I hope to do my (your approved) 320, then to 370 RWHP "recipe" list when i get settled in FL...!!!!!

Q: Would a good intake manifold be somewhere along the lines of the 10.5" SRI mod you do? Or is some other tweak needed? I'm picking your brain again..I see on the corral NA HP thread that you guys have been experimenting on an intake mod of your own!?

Last edited:

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Teksids and WAPs are for sale everywhere.

The best intake would be one with 10", straight runners that fits under a stock hood.

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
Finally! I actually posted a nasty letter on their FB page about the coverage of the EMC. The mods took the top three spots but what was on the cover. A freaking LS, not one mod motor.

shurur

Established Member
Finally! I actually posted a nasty letter on their FB page about the coverage of the EMC. The mods took the top three spots but what was on the cover. A freaking LS, not one mod motor.

That's sorta along the lines of my hopes for the Ford Modular Block..Dart is making an LS block now...calling it LS Next.

I hope the Ford 4v block (maybe enhanced somehow by length??..but then headers.... hmm..) gets picked up by Dart sometime too...

Last edited:

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Marauders, Avaitors, Mark 8s, 96-01 Cobras, Explorers, Mach 1s and of the aforementioned 05-10 GTS all had aluminum blocks.

Users who are viewing this thread