JPC Over the Axle Pipes Test:

t01lightning

Established Member
So axle backs don't include these pipes but cutbacks do? So many damn pipes i just want a 3 inch offroad h with 3 inch piping all the way to the tips no resonators. Not sure what 3 inch muffler choice yet.

drewzx3

Established Member
So axle backs don't include these pipes but cutbacks do? So many damn pipes i just want a 3 inch offroad h with 3 inch piping all the way to the tips no resonators. Not sure what 3 inch muffler choice yet.

correct. May want to go with the magnaflow catback if you want 3 in all the way. What part of LA are you in?

t01lightning

Established Member
New Orleans Almost pulled the trigger on a 12 last week but my wife convinced me to wait for 13 prices to dip and the stage 1 roush has really grown on me. Before I decide as usual I will probably have exhaust and a blower waiting at the house lol.

blackcoyote13

Established Member
Do these pipes hit the axle with a stock height suspension at all? Just wondering since there are a lot of kinks from the factory on the over-axle section of the exhaust.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
They should not. But if your lowered there is a chance they will.

-Thomas

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Eric@jpc

Established Member
Do these pipes hit the axle with a stock height suspension at all? Just wondering since there are a lot of kinks from the factory on the over-axle section of the exhaust.

They will not hit for sure on a stock height car

how high does the car need to be for a do it in the driveway??

You need to get it pretty high. if you disconnect the shocks it will drop the rear to give you a little extra room.

They should not. But if your lowered there is a chance they will.

-Thomas

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

On lowered cars you just need to spend a little extra time getting everything adjusted properly!

:beer:

drewzx3

Established Member
They will not hit for sure on a stock height car

You need to get it pretty high. if you disconnect the shocks it will drop the rear to give you a little extra room.

On lowered cars you just need to spend a little extra time getting everything adjusted properly!

:beer:

Thought y'all were redesigning them?

blackcoyote13

Established Member
I checked the pics of the stock over-axle pipes and I dont see where people say they are kinked to 2" or anywhere near that, besides inside of the resonators. Does anyone have good pics of the kinks that are referred to besides the resonator portion?

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
I checked the pics of the stock over-axle pipes and I dont see where people say they are kinked to 2" or anywhere near that, besides inside of the resonators. Does anyone have good pics of the kinks that are referred to besides the resonator portion?

The part near the ball socket near the muflers. The pipes are flattened out.

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
Really shitty pics, but you can kind of see where the pipes are flattened over the black bar

40F1AAAF-EA66-455E-A192-22E9B7AA2E1C-7946-000007AE17A95542_zpsddc31514.jpg

68DC798E-D54B-4383-BF83-AE8991A4BC50-7946-000007AE0F4A9DF6_zps5c8fd4bf.jpg

try03venom

Established Member
im installing some JPC pipes got em used. what clamps did you use for the muffs to pipe connection the stock clamps are too big??

Nomak

Established Member
..... But I shouldn't be too concerned with that because there are some truly obnoxious Harley's running around this neighborhood at all hours. Even with the roush mufflers, my car on cold start is extremely mild in comparison to these bikes.

Give that man a cigar!

I love loud cars..... always have. So many people get all up in a bunch over thier crap being to loud.

I dont give it a second thought. The dang bikes are STUPID loud. My car with O/R X and magnaflow comp is not even close to the bikes..... Jap and Harley.

Make it sound how you like and dont worry about everyone else is my take.

fuelforfire87

Established Member
Sorry to resurrect but does anyone know at what power level these pipes become restrictive compared to a 3" exhaust? I plan on getting quad tips and am debating whether or not to keep these pipes and just get an axle back, or spend the extra cash and get a 3" catback. My only concern is that I am lowered so I may have fitment issues.

Users who are viewing this thread