JPC Single or Hellion TT?

Force Induced

Boost Addict
Established Member
If I had a regular built shortblock I would personally stay south of 900 rwhp but thats just me. Truthfully 800 rwhp range for a car like this at the wheels is strong for a lot of folks lol.

Force Induced

Boost Addict
Established Member
im ready now... whats ya'lls excuse ?

My excuse is im on an international job at the moment and I'll be doing the install on a ton of parts along with my buddy then we have to get tuned it'll all be done around jan but I want a bit of time to fine tune the setup so feb / march is my gas pedal prediction.

Larry I know your prolly my senior so have a little patience, hold your horse and I'll be bringing some mail soon.

Voltwings

Established Member
Boost is subjective based on a TON of variables. Any difference in restriction between the manifolds, cold pipe sizing / bends, turbo size, turbo wheel material, hell even if your boost gauge isnt calibrated properly. Its the most irritating thing in the world when people correlate boost with power... yall would literally have to be running the exact same setup for boost to be a valid comparison, just do an hold fashion heads up, Run what you brung.

poof100

Established Member
For anyone interested in our kit.

Here's the racepages article -

http://www.jpcracing.com/template/PDF/Race_Pages_Boss.pdf

Thanks Aaron, article turned out awesome! :rockon:

If I had a regular built shortblock I would personally stay south of 900 rwhp but thats just me. Truthfully 800 rwhp range for a car like this at the wheels is strong for a lot of folks lol.

Agree here. There's a reason we only ran my stock Boss motor to 12-14lbs at most at the track and limited it to 875rwhp on the dyno. We didn't want to push the motor and it's lasted 30 passes so far, running hard on E85 along with some street driving.

since its gonna rain here fri and sat, I think I will make a 5hr drive sunday to make my on3 kit with stock motor go faster than any hellion tt kit with built motor has been. :)

Not knocking your car at all man, you have run some solid times with that kit, but I believe Dwayne's car (Hellion owner) has been faster with the Hellion TT kit.

Also refresh my memory, you are now running Precision Turbos on your kit, right or am I mistaken? 62s or 67s?

stretchb

Established Member
Thanks Aaron, article turned out awesome! :rockon:

Agree here. There's a reason we only ran my stock Boss motor to 12-14lbs at most at the track and limited it to 875rwhp on the dyno. We didn't want to push the motor and it's lasted 30 passes so far, running hard on E85 along with some street driving.

Not knocking your car at all man, you have run some solid times with that kit, but I believe Dwayne's car (Hellion owner) has been faster with the Hellion TT kit.

Also refresh my memory, you are now running Precision Turbos on your kit, right or am I mistaken? 62s or 67s?

on3 67's.
isn't the fastest hellion tt car 9.49 @150 ?

"Recently co-owner Dwayne James was in Oklahoma City with the twin turbo’d 2012. In 100 degree heat, and high summer humidity, James ran the car, which has been unaltered to an incredible 9.49 at 150 mph quarter mile ET. This was with the system pushing just 19.9 psi of boost down the Aluminator’s throat, in full street legal trim, on pump gas."

Last edited:

kingnut

Established Member
Boost is subjective based on a TON of variables. Any difference in restriction between the manifolds, cold pipe sizing / bends, turbo size, turbo wheel material, hell even if your boost gauge isnt calibrated properly. Its the most irritating thing in the world when people correlate boost with power... yall would literally have to be running the exact same setup for boost to be a valid comparison, just do an hold fashion heads up, Run what you brung.

So true.

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
PopcornHugeBags.jpg

D.T.R

Established Member
on3 67's.

"Recently co-owner Dwayne James was in Oklahoma City with the twin turbo’d 2012. In 100 degree heat, and high summer humidity, James ran the car, which has been unaltered to an incredible 9.49 at 150 mph quarter mile ET. This was with the system pushing just 19.9 psi of boost down the Aluminator’s throat, in full street legal trim, on pump gas."

Do you really think that those times are all the hellion kit has in it?
There is a reason why Hellion sent their aluminator to MMR to get sleeved and what not... they're most likely planning on really turning it up. I'm pretty sure they ran those times with less than 1000whp, and the kit off the shelf without any modification has already made over 1200whp on 62s.

poof100

Established Member
on3 67's.

When we saw Dwayne at Bowling Green, I believe they said the car has been faster with the MMR motor. I guess we will see.

Thanks for clarifying on the Turbos. Are those 6766s?

D.T.R

Established Member
When we saw Dwayne at Bowling Green, I believe they said the car has been faster with the MMR motor. I guess we will see.

Thanks for clarifying on the Turbos. Are those 6766s?

The ON3 67s are different than Precision's 6766s

Users who are viewing this thread