JPC Single or Hellion TT?

svt04cobra1

Established Member
stretch's car was making too much powa! He found the limits of the stock block like a few others have. I would like to see his setup with a sleeved block.

I tried to explain it to him back when he was boasting about how fast he was and as he said "and its even on a stock block" that it wouldn't last.........HELLO:bash:

Voltwings

Established Member
Power isn't the sole reason? Ok then what is? I want to hear this.....:eek:

Tune... There is a stress limit on all metals, factory rods no exception but just saying "my car makes xxx whp on the stock engine," is a bit of a blanket statement. 700 whp at 5000 rpms and 700 whp at 8000 rpms are two completely different things. A stock engine is likely to give out at a certain power level eventually, but the longevity of which relies heavily on the tune / power delivery.

svt04cobra1

Established Member
Bwhahah! No, no not at all. Trap speeds were all over 150+ The point is the stock block isnt limited to 900HP so his assumption was false.

If you want any longevity with a stock block then 900hp is the limit. If you want a ticking time bomb then make 1000+ and see how many passes you get. Hope you have deep pockets!!!!:thumbsup:

Deespeed99

Established Member
Power isn't the sole reason? Ok then what is? I want to hear this.....:eek:

Tune... There is a stress limit on all metals, factory rods no exception but just saying "my car makes xxx whp on the stock engine," is a bit of a blanket statement. 700 whp at 5000 rpms and 700 whp at 8000 rpms are two completely different things. A stock engine is likely to give out at a certain power level eventually, but the longevity of which relies heavily on the tune / power delivery.

There is your answer which also ties into efficiency of the power adder also not just the tune...I also pointed out thinning the walls didn't help.

If you want any longevity with a stock block then 900hp is the limit. If you want a ticking time bomb then make 1000+ and see how many passes you get. Hope you have deep pockets!!!!:thumbsup:

Again purely speculation. I've seen several cars run at 1000hp on stock blocks for many many passes and others give out with 1-2 dyno pulls. You can't say 900 is the limit because it's not, there are many factors and variables.

Last edited:

svt04cobra1

Established Member
There is your answer...I also pointed out thinning the walls didn't help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt04cobra1
If you want any longevity with a stock block then 900hp is the limit. If you want a ticking time bomb then make 1000+ and see how many passes you get. Hope you have deep pockets!!!!

Again purely speculation. I've seen several cars run at 1000hp on stock blocks for many many passes and others give out with 1-2 dyno pulls. You can't say 900 is the limit because it's not, there are many factors and variables.

Just like my quote says: "If you want longevity with a stock block then 900hp is the limit". That being quoted, anyone can blow up a bone stock car with the wrong tune. If you look at the data from the big power guys, you won't see to many making 900hp or less blowing their cars up do you? Why does MMR offer a sleeved block guaranteeing it will hold 1000hp? There is a reason............ Call any of the shops that tune coyotes making over 1000hp and ask them what the limit of the stock block is. Most will tell you over 900hp and your on borrowed time.

Last edited:

Deespeed99

Established Member
Just like my quote says: "If you want longevity with a stock block then 900hp is the limit". That being quoted, anyone can blow up a bone stock car with the wrong tune. If you look at the data from the big power guys, you won't see to many making 900hp or less blowing their cars up do you? Why does MMR offer a sleeved block guaranteeing it will hold 1000hp? There is a reason............

Huh? the MMR 1000 kit uses a stock block...

stretchb

Established Member
since its gonna rain here fri and sat, I think I will make a 5hr drive sunday to make my on3 kit with stock motor go faster than any hellion tt kit with built motor has been. :)

stretchb

Established Member
since its gonna rain here fri and sat, I think I will make a 5hr drive sunday to make my on3 kit with stock motor go faster than any hellion tt kit with built motor has been. :)

State Capitol Raceway
11436 Highway 190 West
Port Allen, LA

is the address if there are any takers.

konabluekiller

Established Member

I'll bring out the boss and give you something to chase. Just give me 5 lengths hahaha

Force Induced

Boost Addict
Established Member
Larry your welcome to make all the jabs you want , but we'll be sure to tone you down a bit here in the near future :) . We usually go to SCR pretty often, I'll be at tx2k as well .

D.T.R

Established Member
Larry your welcome to make all the jabs you want , but we'll be sure to tone you down a bit here in the near future :) . We usually go to SCR pretty often, I'll be at tx2k as well .

TT on TT crime. Lock it in brah'. Show em' how's done :burnout:

Stevem17500

Established Member
Just like my quote says: "If you want longevity with a stock block then 900hp is the limit". That being quoted, anyone can blow up a bone stock car with the wrong tune. If you look at the data from the big power guys, you won't see to many making 900hp or less blowing their cars up do you? Why does MMR offer a sleeved block guaranteeing it will hold 1000hp? There is a reason............ Call any of the shops that tune coyotes making over 1000hp and ask them what the limit of the stock block is. Most will tell you over 900hp and your on borrowed time.

Is that wheel or crank

Users who are viewing this thread