Just a little rash.

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
Well, yesterday I took the ride for a little spin. Took the boys to lunch (spring break) and stopped at the bank, unfortunately the turn out of the drive up atm at the bank is extremely sharp. I thought I could make it, I didn't. Which is odd because the Armada makes that turn just fine.

So this is what my right front wheel ended up looking like afterwards:

DSC_0104.jpg

DSC_0105.jpg

DSC_0106.jpg

DSC_0108.jpg

So in order to fix it, I went today to Lowe's and got some sanding sponges.

DSC_0107.jpg

I started with the coarsest and went finer until I had used all of them, about an hour later the wheel looked like this:

DSC_0109.jpg

DSC_0110.jpg

DSC_0111.jpg

DSC_0112.jpg

DSC_0113.jpg

DSC_0114.jpg

While they aren't perfect, I'm pretty happy with the results, although if I ever do it again, I'll have to be a little more careful, I did get a few tiny scratches in the painted portion of the wheel with the sand paper.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Good job. I remember the first time time I fudged mine up it was at a bank.

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
Came out good, all you did was sand down the outerlip?

Pretty much, had to use a file on some of the bigger stuff, but I figured since the outer lip has a machined finish anyways, that I could get rid of most of the rash, then use a finer grit sand paper and it would still look okay.

Jefe

Established Member
Wow good to know. Did that all with the tires on?

bOmber

blah blah blah
Established Member
Didnt come out to bad. I rashed the hell out of my rear rim leaving the atm at a bank too. There was a line of chrome going down the curb. I don't think I have even been back to that bank since. Maybe I should open a rim repair shop next to banks.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Nice job!!!! I got a small amount from a curb but it's hardly noticable with the chrome. It's wierd how the chrome appears to be dented verses scratching off.

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
Nice job:beer: After looking at the first picture I didn't think you would of got it cleaned up as well as you did.

Users who are viewing this thread