Just asking, is a body kit a sin on a termi?

zeusha

Established Member
I was looking at the Roush body kit just to shake things up a bit in the looks department. Or maybe just the Side exit exhaust. Would that be a cheap ricer move or should I preserve the idea of the 03 cobra look?

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
416847flamesuit.jpg

Black2010

Established Member
I was looking at the Roush body kit just to shake things up a bit in the looks department. Or maybe just the Side exit exhaust. Would that be a cheap ricer move or should I preserve the idea of the 03 cobra look?

I personally, don't think the Roush or Saleen kits go in the same category as the other ones (example, the vader kit) since they are still real Mustang kits. Also, Roush and Saleen did do actual conversions to some cobra's.

Just be aware that their are very mixed oppinions on that subject so you will have people that will praise you for it just as you will have people really come down on you for it. For instance, I have a 2010GT that I did the Roush 427R conversion on it myself. It's exactally like a real one but isn't certified so it is technically a clone. I NEVER pass it off as a real on but I still get some people get very upset that I've copied the Roush cars. To me the certificate wasn't what I cared about. I just loved the looks and the performance so the extra $10K to have Roush build it rather than me wasn't worth it.

At the end of the day it's your car and you have to do what will make you happy and allow you to get the most enjoyment out of your vehicle. As long as you don't try to pass it off as a Roush most people wont care.

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
Your car so do with it as you want. I personally do not like the roush body kits especially the rear bumper, it looks too much like a ricer bumper. The front bumper is alright but still not my cup of tea, and as for the side exhaust I would not pick that over the IRS exhaust.

postalbunny

Established Member
Everyone is going to tell you to do whatever you want... the majority of the people are not going to like the way it looks, that's why there aren't very many cobra's with body kits driving around.

Just my 2 cents... if you're going to put a kit on anyway, might as well buy a GT. No sense in spending extra $ for a cobra, when you can take a GT and swap parts out to make it what you want.

black 10th vert

Established Member

:lol: Yep, I think this might be headed for smackdown before it's done!

All kidding aside, as others have said it is your car, so do what looks best to YOU. The only caveat is that you will be ridiculed if you post pics on the site (just ask the scoopinator!) The other thing is that you will likely take some value away from the car, but that only matters if you plan to resell in the short term. Like someone else mentioned you would be better served just getting a GT to "customize", and leave the Cobra as it is.;-)

SBVERT03

Established Member
I would personally leave it the way it is. I mean the terminators look so good the way they are! But its your car, and in the end, do what makes you happy

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
Like everyone said to each there own. My vote it's a mortal sin, lol. Let it be known it's a Terminator not termi or termite or whatever, lol

zeusha

Established Member
I think the major consensus aside from the standard answer of "do what you feel" is to leave it be. The roush kit itself is $800 and the full side exhaust is about the same. I think I like how the car looks a bit already, but I got a few buddies with cobras too. We parked them all next to each other for a pic ... everyone saw, a sweet pic of course. I just saw the same car 4 times lol. I gotta get out of the norm. Think im gonna do the side exhaust for sure and obviously rear bumper.

SCMOKN

Established Member
If you do a body kit Saleen is the only one I would do other than that I say leave it be.

Users who are viewing this thread