Just blew my motor with the 2.9

1320 Junkie

Established Member
No doubt. You have to go to the spring rental down at Atco come April 27th. It's being held by a local site here in NY and they are a great bunch of guys that I know you will get along with. I'm not gonna race cause I wont have a cage by then but I think you should see what your car can do.

I run mine at atco,,no cage either....they are pretty lienient with my group we have done over a dozen rentals there over the years. We have ours on may 18 u guys are welcome to come also.

nooner

Established Member
Still contemplating if I should do the 327's now or later :shrug: I'm def happy that it's finally getting done.

I think you should wait for later. I went to 3.73s before I knew I was going to upgrade my engine. Now with the "stage 2" cams I'm glad I did. It doesn't drive well slow (parking lots and such) because of the lopey idle, so the low gears help. You should wait till you get your engine done. You may change your mind.

mach1033

Established Member
I think you should wait for later. I went to 3.73s before I knew I was going to upgrade my engine. Now with the "stage 2" cams I'm glad I did. It doesn't drive well slow (parking lots and such) because of the lopey idle, so the low gears help. You should wait till you get your engine done. You may change your mind.

I will def wait cause I didnt put my cams in that equation.

bambinov8

600WHP LOL
Established Member
I'm also tempted for going 3.27s since I have a set in my garage laying around .don't really know how they will affect or benefit with guys making close to 700whp or 750whp ..man is nice to see this 3 fast Verts on this recent posts ..Verts FTW !!! Sleeper status on the roads ..good luck on the build bro ..what exactly are your goals ?

1320 Junkie

Established Member
I will be there this time. :beer:

Sign up svtsnake.com go to the rental forum and paypal my boy Aj your $50 deposit, I usually handle the cash but with money flying out for my wedding its hard to keep track right now so he is handling the cash this go around.

mach1033

Established Member
I'm also tempted for going 3.27s since I have a set in my garage laying around .don't really know how they will affect or benefit with guys making close to 700whp or 750whp ..man is nice to see this 3 fast Verts on this recent posts ..Verts FTW !!! Sleeper status on the roads ..good luck on the build bro ..what exactly are your goals ?

I'm headind down to coconut creek in May with my car. Do you go to any cruise spots?

mach1033

Established Member
Sign up svtsnake.com go to the rental forum and paypal my boy Aj your $50 deposit, I usually handle the cash but with money flying out for my wedding its hard to keep track right now so he is handling the cash this go around.

Congrats on you getting married. :beer:

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Verts are slow.......

+1...Rick im gonna get that low 10 this year man come hell or high water...i cant go auto yet...im holding out as long as i can brother!!! 2 back to back 11.0's was like being at a strip club with no money, lol.

mach1033

Established Member
Verts are good for only mid 12 second passes everyone knows that. Just post a thread titled "vert or coupe help me decide" and watch how many posts come in stating coupes are made for racing and verts are made for cruising the local blvd picking up chicks!!!!!

NJredfire03

Established Member
holy crap! just read all 8 pages of this thread. Sounds like you went through one hell of a ride with that motor. and after reading this, i think i will probably only go with a 2.3 whipple up to 20lbs of boost, no more that 18* timing and on pump 93. I have no plans of racing. I just love to cruise and hot rod around town. I'm in jersey as well fellas. Mach1033 sorry you had to go through that, but it sounds like you are going to have one hell of an engine now.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Verts are good for only mid 12 second passes everyone knows that. Just post a thread titled "vert or coupe help me decide" and watch how many posts come in stating coupes are made for racing and verts are made for cruising the local blvd picking up chicks!!!!!

The picking up chicks part is correct, but they left out slamming their heads into the head rest every shift and scarring the shit outta them spinning the tires @ 100mph in 3rd gear on the freeway, that gets them rev'd up !!! yea so verts suck i hate mine so much im never selling it, lol !!! :banana:

Users who are viewing this thread