Just bought an 03 Cobra Vert

jimwood

Established Member
Hello all,

Well after reading all the threads and seeing the vids, I couldn't stand it anymore. Went out and got an 03 Cobra Vert.

As a former Corvette owner, including a ZR-1, I can say this car is the fastest car I have owned. :bowdown:

Hell I'll even waive to them (corvette) everytime I pass um. Damn that S/C is awesome.

Mine has all the bells and whisles including the clunk, the tic, and everything else. I love it all!

I can honestly say the Vette is absoluetly no better. Both of mine stranded me, both rattled, both had clunks, both were welcome departures from the garage, when they were paid off. I chose the Cobra because honestly it impressed the hell out of me. I love the style and I am happy I got it.:thumbsup:

nj7703

Established Member
Congrats man!:beer: I can honestly say i love my vert. I understand subframe connectors will help with some of the rattles, and tighten everything up. post pics!:-D

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Hey, congrat on the vert! Sounds like you're gonna have a lot of fun with it. :beer:

stangfan

When in doubt.. Floor it!
Established Member
Congrats!

Just take it in, get your 'issues' fixed. Once you have all your 'imperfections' under control... You'll never look back.

Couple quick points for a 'vert owner:

1) Weld in subframes (MM, Steeda, etc.) It's a must.

2) Springs (Not only will it lower your car, it'll 'stiffen' up the ride)

3) Light Bar. IMO, a light bar completes the 'vert.

4) Better rubber. It'll make all the difference in the world with traction/wheel hop.

5) HP by Herman/Amazon Racing - Adjustable rear shocks. In conjunction with the tires, it'll make a world of difference.

Once you get these installed... just wait 'til you add a chip/pulley.... Then the fun really begins.

jimwood

Established Member
Its silver with a black top. Ill post some pics as soon I get a chance.

Thanks Stangfan for the starting points! Once I get past the initial eating of Roman Noodles for 21 days so the downpayment doesnt bounce, I'll get some sub-frames and springs.
:burnout:

PhillyCobra

Established Member
I was able to keep my Vette as a collector car when I got my Cobra as my everyday car. Honestly, they're both great if you like visceral, powerful, honest fun cars.

Have fun, and don't worry about the little stuff!

JWC

Established Member
welcome to the other side and if you think it's fast now wait until you start the mods.

stangfan

When in doubt.. Floor it!
Established Member
verts already have sub frames so save your money.

Um... the stock subframes are about as thick/strong as a toothpic. Have you ever jacked your car up with a floor jack? Obviously not.

Do yourself a favor and buy yourself some aftermarket subframes and get them welded in (MM, Steeda, etc).

It's definatley worth the money.

YGETV8

Established Member
Welcome! I've had my coupe for two whole weeks now! Love it!Good thing (sarcasm!) it snowed last week and we're expecting like 9-19 more inches tomorrow! Doh!

Users who are viewing this thread