Just curious. How long does your average stock clutch last?

chrisheltra

Established Member
Talked to the dealer today and they said the pressure plate bolts had backed out and cause some internal damage (syncros, bearing, seals and other various items). All of it is being covered under warranty.

cbaty08

Established Member
Talked to the dealer today and they said the pressure plate bolts had backed out and cause some internal damage (syncros, bearing, seals and other various items). All of it is being covered under warranty.

WOW; it is a shame that Ford couldn't tell you this from the get-go, knowing what time period your car rolled off the lot.

Glad you got it fixed.

r.barn

Established Member

Common and known issue.

slidai

Established Member
I had over 145k on my 06 gt vert with the original clutch and no issues what so ever on the car when i sold it.

chrisheltra

Established Member
Got the car back today after 3 weeks of it being at the dealer. After a complete rebuild, new clutch, flywheel and pressure plate it seems much better now than it did before. Still has a little nibble when going in some gears. Unfortunately it has to go back because the check engine light came on due to a cylinder #1 misfire today after I picked it up. Ugh

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread