Just curious

Mustang289

Established Member
I have an 04 Mystichrome Terminator, I go to several cruise ins in Northern Virgina. I know several guys with new GT500s with their 650 HP. I have no intention on doing a trade as I know the potential of our cars. Just curious how many guys on this forum have gone from Terminators to GT500s.

usmcsvtwannabe

Not a noob
Established Member
I think you'll find a rather large crowd here that have gone from one to the other and some have both. 2 different breads of cars. One is refined, smooth, and fast while the other is constantly trying to kill you haha

mfrazier2

Engineers lead the way!
Established Member
I think you'll find a rather large crowd here that have gone from one to the other and some have both. 2 different breads of cars. One is refined, smooth, and fast while the other is constantly trying to kill you haha

Heh which one is the one trying to kill me?

Givens

I wanna go fast
Established Member
I have never drove a GT500 but I would like to, my problem is there are a lot of people that have sold there cobra and went to a GT500. Only to sell the GT500 and go back to the Cobra.

I read this all the time, people sell there Cobra and buy Corvette's or the new GT's and come back to a Cobra.

Don't get me wrong I love my Cobra but the new cars have some much more comfort and creature features. I just think it would be hard to go back after you got to experience all the amenities.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
The intent of the car is a big factor, especially daily driver duty. Bigger more comfy chassis and creature comforts might not be as big a deal for a once in a while sunny day toy. The terminators just don't make sense DD especially with all the parts discontinued.

Now weekend toy? They make one heck of a toy. Relatively rare to see anymore and they certainly look and drive "raw".

cj428mach

Established Member
I look at it that if you're contemplating "if the grass is greener on the other side" then you're not a terminator owner. I absolutely love my car, the way it feels, the way it drives, the total game changer they were. We would probably still wouldn't have broken the 500 hp in cars that the avg joe could afford if it wasn't for the Terminator.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
i went from terminator to GT500. im happy. i prefer the refinedness (word?) of the gt500 and the clutch/shifting. i do miss the IRS from the terminator and better mpg. its noticeably worse with the 5.4 :whine:

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Feeling my IRS get all twisted up while trying to fight for traction on a 2nd gear hit does it for me and scares the hell out of the person I'm giving a ride to. It feels unsafe in just the right way lol. I would like to give a '15 GT with a 2.9 Whipple a try though.

Users who are viewing this thread