Just drove a 201 PP.....wow

BLK_5.0

Established Member
Just drove a 2015 PP.....wow

Just test drove a competition orange base PP at a local Ford dealer. They came in at 60$/month over my current payment with no haggling. Taking the wife to test drive it tomorrow :burnout:Hopefully she likes the recaros and I can work the price down just a little bit more. Car handled great and felt faster than my car (maybe its the 3.73s?) I was amazed how much different it felt than my 14. Most noticeable was how dead silent the exhaust is and the clutch felt like it was a mile longer than mine. Im guessing thats something everyone with the 14s has to get used to. Anyways, hopefully tomorrow I will be signing the paperwork on a 15 and demodding my car. I'm a bit concerned about passengers fitting in my car with recaros-they were very snug on me. I never realized how bolstered they really are.

Last edited:

scotmach

Established Member
I test drove one with Recaros and hated those seats. They were not comfortable at all compared to my premium leather seats.

Dcrypter

Established Member
The recaros are somewhat uncomfortable until you break them in. My girlfriend didn't like them at all to the point of her saying she wouldn't ride in my car, but after a month or two they are just as comfortable to her as they are to me. These are by far the most comfortable seats I've ever had, you just have to break them in. I am not small either, almost 6 foot and 210~ lbs

BLK_5.0

Established Member
Went and drove it again today and liked it even more. I also test drove a base model PP with the standard cloth and was impressed with them for a base seat. Unfortunately, that car ended up being more than the recaro one. (different dealer gave me less trade in value) Looks like tomorrow will be spent de-modding my car and will pick up the 15 Monday or Tuesday. Super pumped. Thinking my first mod will be an axle back, probably Roush and resonator delete.

heatsoaked12

Established Member
I heard the breaks are super touchy (which I like) is it true? My 12 gt500 brakes are too soft. Honestly, I like the brakes better in all of my work vans than my Shelby.

Skrapmetal

Established Member
The PP brakes are extremely touchy. I can't say I've measured, but I'm not entirely sure if my brake pedal has gone down more than an inch when I stop. Maybe two inches.

BLK_5.0

Established Member
I took the car out on the expressway and really was able to get on it and put the brakes to the test today...the performance pack brakes are phenomenal. I felt like i was putting my foot through the firewall when i drove my 14 (non brembo) home haha. Night and day difference.

TrackpackGT

Established Member
I just traded my 14 GT TP car in Thursday night. I got a base model 300A GT PP with the reverse aid for $26 more a month. Best $26 a month I've ever spent! Still in awe every time I drive it. Demodded mine, which was the MGW shifter and GT500 mufflers. The difference in options I gained alone was worth the difference. Driving it steps that up 1,000 notches! I only took a 10 minute test drive over a month ago in a premium pack PP car, so my memory of that was a little diluted. The base 300A seats are fantastic too! I couldn't see paying for Recaros over these. They blow my 14 seats away.

BLK_5.0

Established Member
I just traded my 14 GT TP car in Thursday night. I got a base model 300A GT PP with the reverse aid for $26 more a month. Best $26 a month I've ever spent! Still in awe every time I drive it. Demodded mine, which was the MGW shifter and GT500 mufflers. The difference in options I gained alone was worth the difference. Driving it steps that up 1,000 notches! I only took a 10 minute test drive over a month ago in a premium pack PP car, so my memory of that was a little diluted. The base 300A seats are fantastic too! I couldn't see paying for Recaros over these. They blow my 14 seats away.

Congrats TrackPackGT, (i had been following your threads when u were looking for a 15) i actually went and looked at a silver one just like yours and was planning on getting it until the payment was more than the one with recaros, so Recaros it is lol. Dealer has my down payment and is running my credit/etc. Only a few signatures away tomorrow from picking it up. This one also has the backup camera which I am sure I will love since my 14 has no camera or sensors. I've got a feeling once i get an exhaust on the 15, the 14 will just be a faint memory very soon haha. Im also looking forward to not maintaining a black car for a bit.

Mattstang04

Established Member
Congrats on the buy. I've been comparing my standard 15 PP GT to my dads standard 14 GT. If you drive both in the same day, the difference is astounding.

The 15s brembos will quickly stop you with over 1G of force and I mean just panic stopping, not even at the track. They are very touchy, especially at low speeds. It will stop you well before you anticipate it to, especially if I drive the 14 prior to getting in it.

I thought something was wrong with the 14s clutch after driving the 15 around. 14s clutch engages much closer to the floor. 15 is much further out. Advantage goes to the 14 there, I guess.

I will tell you that doing axlebacks on the 15 will require cutting the exhaust, unlike the bolt on's of the 14. I bought the MBRP catback for my 15 and love it. It was cheaper than some of the axlebacks, came with black tips to match the rest of the car, installation was a breeze. Plus I still have my stock pipes intact. Regardless of the catback preference, the 15 will be the easiest catback ever installed on a car. On jacks and jack stands and taking my time, it only took an hour and a half. If I had a lift, the job would have taken about a half hour. Its almost too easy.

Have fun with that new car.

Big A

Established Member
Agreed with above....did the same exhaust as Mattstang04 and I constantly get asked if I just have straight pipes. Sounds great and low under 4k with low throttle pressure and then gets nice and loud under half throttle and above. You'll enjoy that car no matter what though.

BLK_5.0

Established Member
Picked it up last night and couldn't be happier! Hows the drone with the MBRP? Sounds like it is pretty loud....and thats a good thing lol (had a roush on the 14). Hopefully I'll have something on the way by the end of the weekend. I was hoping to pick up a lightly used setup but there doesnt seem to be much out there right now.

BLK_5.0

Established Member
MBRP Race catback? You have me looking at them now haha. AM has the black race setup for 640 before the forum discount. How is the drone at 70mph on the expressway? Wife will kill me if the car drones and we're taking a 3.5 hour road trip next weekend lol

Sir Nate 3000

Silver Stallion
Established Member
I am picking up my ingot silver 15 with PP tomorrow. I am going with the Flowmaster Outlaw axle back only for now.

roh92cp

Established Member
MBRP Race catback? You have me looking at them now haha. AM has the black race setup for 640 before the forum discount. How is the drone at 70mph on the expressway? Wife will kill me if the car drones and we're taking a 3.5 hour road trip next weekend lol

I did a lot of research on the MBRP exhaust systems and the concenious is they are both load when you hammer on it but race version loader of course. Both have a nice deep low rumble at idle. The real difference is the race version is slightly loader overall and has drone at cruise speeds. The street version is what I went with and absolutely love it, fit and finish is excellent and the sound is awesome, nodrone at cruise speeds. Open your windows and give it some at 3-4 grand it makes really sweat music, sounds very agressive there from outside the car. makes some decal burble that is lovely as well.

Users who are viewing this thread