Just got a Mach 1

M-Phibian

Established Member
I was originally looking at '98-'99 C-5's, but when I found it I couldn't pass it up.

Bright red, 2003 with 3,000 miles for only $20,000.00. I bought it from a buddy that ran a bone stock 13.2 @ 105 his first and only run down the track in it.

The M3 will stay like it is, and I'll be modding this car to hit mid 11's. I really like this car!:beer:

M-Phibian

Established Member
LOL..hey two-valve, what's up? Were you at jenro's last night? It was a good turn out.

Anyway, ya...I'm loving being able to bark 4th gear at will in this car. I dropped in a Accel Kool Blue filter and changed to Mobile 1 synthetic yesterday...then headed out and raced my buddy in his stock M3. It was dead even, guys. Both from a 20 mph roll to 90, and then from 60 to about 130...dead heats, both times. The cars are not comparable in any other way, but straight line the Mach is right there. Of course with mods, it will be a blow out.

I've already ordered a 65 MM throttle body, Magnaflow X-pipe, U/D pulleys, Steeda tri-ax shifter and a driveshaft loop. I'm really looking forward to modding the hell out of this fun car.:thumbsup:

Originally posted by TwoValveKid
on the local site he was grinning about chirping 4th and having tourque :D

TwoValveKid

Uh oh.....
Established Member
Cool :) No i cant get out there like i used to :( i used to work 10-5 and would head out after work but now i work 12-9 so i usually go out with a few board members to eat after they leave jenros.

thats a dual 65mm right? and when you get your catback make sure you get non chaimbered mufflers like the magnapacks to match the x pipe :D Is it o/r by chance?

M-Phibian

Established Member
Yep, BBK 65mm TB. The X-pipe is the Tru-X o/r with cats. I haven't ordered a cat-back yet. Thanks for the info. :thumbsup:

Originally posted by TwoValveKid
Cool :)
thats a dual 65mm right? and when you get your catback make sure you get non chaimbered mufflers like the magnapacks to match the x pipe :D Is it o/r by chance?

TwoValveKid

Uh oh.....
Established Member
no problem....x pipes tend to sound a lot throatier with an strait through muffler like the magnapack catback :thumbsup:

although i have a bbk o/r x with my LT's that has welded in flowmaster 2 chaimbers in it and still sounds good (get lots of compliments). but after hearing what it would sound like with some magnapacks...im hooked...

Last edited:

RUgoinup?

We will NEVER forget!
Established Member
Originally posted by M-Phibian
I dropped in a Accel Kool Blue filter and changed to Mobile 1 synthetic yesterday...
Can you let me know where you purchased your Accel Kool Blue filter at, and the dimensions of it? If it's just a replacement, don't worry about it.

TIA!

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Originally posted by M-Phibian
Anyway, ya...I'm loving being able to bark 4th gear at will in this car. I dropped in a Accel Kool Blue filter and changed to Mobile 1 synthetic yesterday...then headed out and raced my buddy in his stock M3. It was dead even, guys. Both from a 20 mph roll to 90, and then from 60 to about 130...dead heats, both times. The cars are not comparable in any other way, but straight line the Mach is right there. Of course with mods, it will be a blow out.

he he. there are ways to fix that straight problem. take a peak at griggsracing.com.:lol: :lol: http://www.griggsracing.com/vortech/vortechxl.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread