Just got a ton of chit for my GTO (haters welcome)

PHiL2

596whp/553wtq @6 psi
Established Member
Patriot 6.0L CNC Ported Z06 Stage II Heads
2.055/1.57 Patriot Valves, Patriot Springs, Bronze Guides, Ti Retainers, 5 Angle Valve Job
Thunder Performance 224/224 cam
Lunati Push Rods
GM Gasket Kit with NEW ARP Head Bolts
Stainless Works Long Tube Headers with Off Road Y-Pipe
Headers Coated by Air Borne Coatings
ARP Header Bolts
RollerMaster Timing Chain

This package made 431 RWHP on a 2002 WS6 Trans Am

&

MTI Throttle Body
Polished billet aluminum high flow throttle-body. Flows well over 1000 CFM and bolts directly to stock, LS6 or the new FAST intake manifold. Beautifully high polished finish with black anodized linkage and "MTI Racing" machined on the top. Comes complete and ready to install with 3 stainless allen head screws. This is an incredible appearance item that makes great power on the dyno! MTI has witnessed a 10 - 12 Rwhp gain on a cam only 6-speed Trans-Am.

&

Speed Inc. 2004 GTO High Flow Induction System
Our high-flow induction system helps your GTO and Lumina SS breath! The system's 4" diameter smooth induction tube allows for great flow. A high-flow cone air filter allows more air to pass into your LS1 while filtering it.
Dyno proven gains of 13-18 RWHP. Cold air enclosure box coming soon!

&

SLP 85mm MAF
SLP’s high-performance 85mm mass-airflow sensor flows a whopping 895 CFM (90 more than the stock 75mm MAF)—enough to improve engine output by up to 10 horsepower. Or, remove the screen (not recommended on street cars) for an incredible 1000 CFM of air flow! This lightweight composite unit weighs one pound less than the factory MAF and is fully capable of supporting engine applications making over 600 horsepower. Specifically calibrated to provide optimum performance in GTO applications!

It all gets installed the end of the month I cant wait :beer:

rezcobra

Established Member
Originally posted by PHiL2
:beer: [/B]

Haters welcome? Hmm, sounds like you posted to brag to your buddies over at the Chevy sites that you stirred up trouble here but its not working. Heh heh. I have a few questions, at another site they were talking about push rods coming loose or getting bent on the LS engines. At what rpm does this start taking place with stock push rods? What are the rpm ranges for LS1 or LS6 engines? I have a V6 Camaro and thinking of swapping out for an LS1 or 6 backed with an auto. Or is it best to just build your LS engines because I always see people swapping out heads to get decent numbers, are the factory heads very limited in porting? Oh and it sounds like you might have a good engine in the works.

jazzkiller34

The West is the Best
Established Member
sounds like it will be cool. not to hate, but i still can't get over the body on that thing. looks like a toyota solera.

TnPaulMan

Banned
Re: Re: Just got a ton of chit for my GTO (haters welcome)

Originally posted by rezcobra
Haters welcome? Hmm, sounds like you posted to brag to your buddies over at the Chevy sites that you stirred up trouble here but its not working. Heh heh. I have a few questions, at another site they were talking about push rods coming loose or getting bent on the LS engines. At what rpm does this start taking place with stock push rods? What are the rpm ranges for LS1 or LS6 engines? I have a V6 Camaro and thinking of swapping out for an LS1 or 6 backed with an auto. Or is it best to just build your LS engines because I always see people swapping out heads to get decent numbers, are the factory heads very limited in porting? Oh and it sounds like you might have a good engine in the works.

As I understand, under a full throttle run down the strip, if you miss the 3 to 4 shift and accidentally do a 3 to 2 shift (which is more common in an F-body) then you have mechanically pushed the limits of the engine over redline and bam! Bent pushrods galore. That is the main reason why I have stayed away from the F-bodies.

Paul

PHiL2

596whp/553wtq @6 psi
Established Member
Sorry man but I wasnt trying to stir up anything, but I know alot of people dont like the gto....hence my trhead title. Not trying to start shit I appreciate all cars.

IDAREU

Banned
Sounds like a nice set up. I am picking up a new torrid red Gto on tuesday.
Could you post some pictures with those wheels.

Feary

Established Member
Hell I missed the 3-4 shift on my 02 WS6 like 5 times when I had the stock shifter and never messed anything up. Put a Lou's Short Stick in there any never missed another gear.

TnPaulMan

Banned
Originally posted by Feary
Hell I missed the 3-4 shift on my 02 WS6 like 5 times when I had the stock shifter and never messed anything up. Put a Lou's Short Stick in there any never missed another gear.

It is not just missing the 3-4 shift. It is missing it and doing a 3-2 while intending to do a 3-4. That is when shit gets wrecked.

Paul

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Originally posted by PHiL2
Patriot 6.0L CNC Ported Z06 Stage II Heads

Z06 heads are 5.7L, not 6.0L :p

Sounds like a sweet set up. My buddy has a 99 FRC C5 with GTP heads, MTI X1 cam, and all the bolt ons and he puts down 440+rwhp on motor. Good luck with the car! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread