Just got my CC permit.

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
Congrats. You will contemplate what you will do in a defensive scenario for many of your waking moments for the next 3-5 years.

My advice, after the same contemplations. Un-ass the area when the shiite starts brewing so you never have to draw your weapon. The best defense is to not need one.

And get yourself some prepaid legal defense insurance specific to this application.

USCCA
CCW Safe
There are others, too.

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
Congrats. You will contemplate what you will do in a defensive scenario for many of your waking moments for the next 3-5 years.

My advice, after the same contemplations. Un-ass the area when the shiite starts brewing so you never have to draw your weapon. The best defense is to not need one.

And get yourself some prepaid legal defense insurance specific to this application.

USCCA
CCW Safe
There are others, too.
Sound advice here. If there's a way to get away, take it. If you ever have to pull the trigger, it's gonna cost you more than you can afford.

^^^^Sound advice right there. I'm with USCCA and hope to God I never have to call them.
Ditto.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congrats on getting your CC license. Yeah, you'll spend a lot of time imaging response scenarios in your mind. I do it all the time. Be sure to get a lot of range time (training if you can, too) which will hone your shooting accuracy and response, and equally important, make you both comfortable shooting AND very respectful of your weapon. Safety. Safety. Safety.

Intervention302

Established Member
I got mine about 3 years ago. But in NH, they removed the requirement about 1 year ago. Not sure if I have to reapply, although it does give me rights in a few other states. Sucks with MA, NY, CT landlocking me in though.

My first CC holster wasn't so great for drawing. My newest one, the ShapeShifter from Aliengear is GREAT. I've been practicing my draw and dry fire often in my bedroom lately

blubyu87gt

Established Member
I've had my carry permit since 15Dec1791 lol

Really though, good shit man. You already decided on your carry setup?

Just remember: exercising your Second means backing off your First to let cooler heads prevail.

I have been debating on getting the whole carry insurance. Definitely need to get off my butt and do more research on them.

Intervention302

Established Member
Yeah yeah haha

Here is my holster and P320

Much easier to sleep at night. Although, my Mossberg 500 is probably my go to
a737205e0a890a227e5765a94cae0817.jpg
54f8a9288fd204b41077e710d0e11a8d.jpg

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

WutApex

Wut Apex!?!
Established Member
Nice. Where do you go to practice? Whistling Pines seemed pricey last I checked and I haven't been out to DMs in probably 10yrs.

Blown 89

Established Member
Congratulations. Now go sign up for some practical pistol matches and hone your skills.

Oh and get ready for the nightmares about your firearm not working. Every person I know that has their CCW has had those dreams after getting it lol.

SHOdown220

Established Member
Congratulations. Now go sign up for some practical pistol matches and hone your skills.

Oh and get ready for the nightmares about your firearm not working. Every person I know that has their CCW has had those dreams after getting it lol.

Whoa I thought it was just me! Its not often but I have a dream probably once every 3 months about that. Thats crazy

Users who are viewing this thread