Just got myself a Lightning...

BRNG ITT

Established Member
Welcome to the club. I'm on my second Lightning because I had withdrawals after selling my first. +3 for silver.

03LCalgaryAB

Established Member
congrats on the new ride..A lot depends on your budget and your end goals. Do you want a 10sec truck or a fun daily driver? You can start with the basic bolt ons such as a 4 or 6lb lower, air intake, exhaust and trans valve body.

Bubba541

Established Member
congrats on the new ride..A lot depends on your budget and your end goals. Do you want a 10sec truck or a fun daily driver? You can start with the basic bolt ons such as a 4 or 6lb lower, air intake, exhaust and trans valve body.

I want to put on a new air intake first, Is there a certain brand I should get that seems to work best for Lightning's??

Lightning_Ernie

Established Member
I want to put on a new air intake first, Is there a certain brand I should get that seems to work best for Lightning's??

Johnny Lightning makes a good one and Chickenears has a nice one as well. Dont forget K&N lol. really up to you, just start shoppin around you'll come across other great stuff too

02SILVERBULLET

horsepower addict
Established Member
ditch the rims, get some stockers or nothing bigger than a 20" rim. simple and clean nothing gaudy or chunky. if you like big wheels with the right wheel some trucks pull off a 22" ok but tire selection is key. nothing over 30" overall height imo

Bubba541

Established Member
ditch the rims, get some stockers or nothing bigger than a 20" rim. simple and clean nothing gaudy or chunky. if you like big wheels with the right wheel some trucks pull off a 22" ok but tire selection is key. nothing over 30" overall height imo

I've been looking for a stock chrome set in my area, but cant seem to find any....Any tips when changing the lower pulley to a 4 or 6lb I should know??

02SILVERBULLET

horsepower addict
Established Member
I've been looking for a stock chrome set in my area, but cant seem to find any....Any tips when changing the lower pulley to a 4 or 6lb I should know??

Custom Tune! bigget word you need to know. Some of us were lucky running canned tunes back in the day, most were not. if you install the lower pulley yourself get a big breaker bar, and lube the crank bolt once or twice in the days before you change it. especially if there is any rust, they are on very tight(reverse threads btw) and it can be a pain to remove.

Users who are viewing this thread