Just had a blow out do I need new TPMS?

PhatSVT

Established Member
So I just had a blow out on my drivers side rear tire today. Hit something in the road and blew out center of tire. Do I need to rebuild the TPMS? I drove a mile on the blown out tire so I could get in a parking lot to install spare.

PhatSVT

Established Member
Also another question. There is no chance this is under a waranty right? I have 7,000 miles on the car and only 4 months old.

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
is the sensor damaged?

no warranty on road hazard if that caused the damage

PhatSVT

Established Member
Ya more than likely it was road hazard. All I heard was a boom then sounded like sand shooting out the back of the car. The tire looks to be punctured. Can I visually see damage to the TPMS from the outside. Tire is still mounted on wheel and no way of seeing inside. I am wondering to order another TPMS or just chance it and when the new tire comes in I find out then.

351inside

Established Member
if you had the road hazard warranty for your wheels and tires they would cover it, i think i pay like 3 dollars a month for it, unless the dealership was bs'n me

PhatSVT

Established Member
if you had the road hazard warranty for your wheels and tires they would cover it, i think i pay like 3 dollars a month for it, unless the dealership was bs'n me

I was never asked such. I would of probably not done the road hazard waranty anyways. I never do waranties when offered. When I do purchase the extra waranties is when I never have an issue. Weird how this works for me. Probably just karma for all evil I've done in my past. LOL.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
So I just had a blow out on my drivers side rear tire today. Hit something in the road and blew out center of tire. Do I need to rebuild the TPMS? I drove a mile on the blown out tire so I could get in a parking lot to install spare.

You drove a mile on a blown tire? :poke: I'd be pricing out a wheel too. Very doubtful the sensor survived.

PhatSVT

Established Member
Well just ordered the tire (Pirelli P-Zero Nero 235/50/18) and TPMS from discounttiredirect.com for $154 shipped. Seemed like the best deal out there.

Last edited:

SaleenGT2001

Established Member
Well just ordered the tire (Pirelli P-Zero Nero 235/50/18) and TPMS from discounttiredirect.com for $154 shipped. Seemed like the best deal out there.

we sell them for $135 each. check your local Goodyear dealer next time

Users who are viewing this thread