Just Installed Clear Corners *pics*

ChronicReign

Chrome bumper your face!
Established Member
I just got some new clear corners from ebay. I went with the seller "Revotech" and got the corners in 3 days! I would recommend this seller over some of the other ones I have heard about.

I must tell you though, the clips that the clear corners come with will not work with the factory screws. You need to take the clips off the old corners if you want to use the stock screws.

I also went out and got a set of Silvania Silverstars to put in the corners.

DSC01409.JPG

I did the installation last night. What should have been an easy, 10min installation turned into an hour with me. This always happens with me.

Here is a pic before I started, of the stock corners.

DSC01404.JPG

The passanger side went in just fine, no problems. Took approx 2 minutes to get that side done. The drivers side, on the other hand, was a nightmare. First of all, getting it out was a PITA. I cut my fingers twice trying to slide the thing out. When it was finally out, I got the new bulbs in there, and tried to put it back in. The thing would just not go back in. After pushing quite hard, it snapped in, but I noticed the bulb was crooked. So I tried to get the corner out, oh no, that wasn't happening. After tapping it with a rubber mallet it finally came out and I saw that the piece that holds in the bulb had broken. I did notice that these pieces are merely glued onto the back of the bulb. So with some PVC cement, I glued that thing back on. After putting it back in, I realized then when I had put the bulb in, I spun it the wrong way (to lock it). So when I spun it the other way, it went in just fine. Lesson learned. So, there is my long ass story on me being an idiot. Here are some more pics.

DSC01447.JPG

DSC01455.JPG

DSC01477.JPG

MixMaker

I've got a fever!!
Established Member
Those look great. More about the hood please...........and who's baby is that in ur avatar? That's hilarious.

Disintegr8or

Established Member
Cichlids said:
"Revotech" is from Russia is that the ebay name of the guy you bought your lights from?
Looks like he meant "revotec" eBay User

Light looks as well as the hood. I might have to try those corners.

Last edited:

scv8

Sideways SVT Poster
Established Member
That looks sweet! Love the hood as well! :beer:

ChronicReign

Chrome bumper your face!
Established Member
First off, thanks for everyones compliments on the lights and the hood. Disintegr8or, you were right, the ebay user I bought the lights from was indeed "revotec". Thanks for clearing that up.

MachineAddict, I wish I knew whos baby that was in my avatar. I found the picture on the internet about a year ago and thought it was hilarious. I just had to use it for my avatar. There have been many "rendtions" of this picture on the internet. I see that iceman9648 is actually using of them in his avatar right now :thumbsup:

Everyone asking about the hood, I'm sorry to dissapoint you but I have no idea what kind of hood it is. When I got the truck about a month ago, the hood was already installed on there. The only clue I have is that the hood has the letters "KN" etched into the underside. It is very similar to the mustang hood, but this one has three "ridges" on it, where as the mustang one only has two. Sorry I don't have more info on it, I was actually hoping someone on here knew who made it.

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
They look great. I had similar issue with mine. However, I did a new grill, surround, and corners in about 40 minutes. :poke:

Lightning LA

Mark it ZERO!
Established Member
You went the same route as i did, i bought my Clear Corners from him also. Your Lightning looks great with them, it gives it a good clean look.I was impressed with how fast i got mine to, they are great looking pieces for the $$$. And i had to use my old clips from my stock lights to get the Clear ones to work, i even have Silver Stars in mine to. I think they look a lot better than the stockers, it's a great mod that's cheap and easy for everyone to do. And i would 100% recommend buying from Revotec, i bought mine off e-Bay for only $35 shipped to my door. You can't beat the price, or how fast he sends them.

Silver04L

93 Octane Member
Established Member
A friend of mine here put a GT hood scoop on his L, it went right on, the only mod he had to make to it was the little black honeycomb piece had to be trimmed down a bit.....

scv8

Sideways SVT Poster
Established Member
I would highly recommend the upgrade to the Stealth bulbs. Here's some pics so you can see there is no amber or purple hue:

Users who are viewing this thread