Just installed my hilton boost overlay

svtcharged

svtcharged
Established Member
I support this product 100%. It is one of those little details that set your car apart from the rest. It looks factory and its accurate! Thanks Ray! Every cobra owner should have one. It will give those pillar pods an extra slot for something else like a a/f meter or a battery guage that are cars desperately need!:rockon:

Ray Hilton

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Thanks for the props man. I'm glad it's working out well for you. Appreciate the endorsement. Positive word of mouth is all the advertising I get so it means a lot to me when a customer takes the time to post something positive.

Thanks very much.

Ray H.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Awesome man! :thumbsup:

My high boost is on the way and I will do a write up when I install it.

Cobreezy

Established Member
This is on my "to do" list! How the heck do you remove the headlight knob??? Every time I try, I get so frustrated!:cuss::cuss: That's the only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger on getting one.

Ray Hilton

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Hey I really appreciate the props guys. Glad you liked the product.

To answer the headlight knob question. In the ford manual and in my instructions too it says there is a slot along the side of the knob. Use a hook shaped tool (I used a piece of thick wire bent on the end to form a hook shape) to insert in the slot and pull on it toward you. What this does is it takes the tension off a metal piece (which is part of the knob) that slides over the shaft of the light switch and allows the knob to become free of the shaft. Pulling on it relieves the tension that hold it on.

I hope that helps. It is actually pretty easy to do once you have done it a few times but kind of intimidating if you haven't. It took me a while to understand how it works a first too.

If I can be of any further help let me know.

Ray H.

cobra04972tx1

HP, U CAN'T HAVE 2 MUCH
Established Member
I bought one years ago, and never installed it, now I think I lost it..LOL I was always afraid of recalibrating it.

cobra777

Autographx
Established Member
Heck, I don't even own a terminator and I want one. Ray, does one of your boost overlay gauges come with a free supercharger? :beer: :thumbsup:

oldmodman

Established Member
Great product. I got mine during his very first run of them. I think it was in 03
I bought two due to having ten thumbs, but I didn't screw up the install and still have the second one.

wudy

Established Member
. It is one of those little details that set your car apart from the rest. It looks factory and its accurate!
Exactly why I love mine.

ScottsdaleSnake

Silver Bullet
Established Member
I bought one years ago, and never installed it, now I think I lost it..LOL I was always afraid of recalibrating it.

Yeah, same here...I still have it sitting in the original envelope Ray sent it to me in. Looks like a great product but after reading the instructions about having to buy a boost guage and then the boost clamp, or whatever it's called to apply air pressure to recalibrate it I said forget it and just took the $20 or so loss and decided it's not that big of a deal anyway...as long as the car pulls hard I don't care what the guage says. :)

Ray Hilton

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Hey guys. The install and recalibration are really not that difficult. The instructions take you though the process step by step. If you run into a problem or have a question my home number is printed on the instructions and Im happy to help you if you get stuck. Plus there are about two thousand or so guys running these that are more than happy to share their advise.

The tools can usually be borrowed or rented if you dont already have them. Ive even been known to lend out my own on occasion.

Ray H.

SickBlackMach

Throttling back
Established Member
I've had one almost ever since I bought my cobra... stupid easy to install, I love that it looks factory.

I'll admit, I deviated from the instructions as far as the calibration goes. I marked the gauge face just ever so lightly with the car off and aligned the needle to that. Started it up and it read vacuum and boost correctly. I already had an autometer vac/press gauge installed, still do! Now it's just taking up space!

stone4779

Established Member
this is very easy to install and looks factory...i got everything i needed to calibrate it from oreillys...the only thing i didn't like was the fact that no matter what i did, the gauge would show to be a couple pounds off above 20 psi..although i won't be boosting 20+ psi any time soon, so its not that big of a deal.actually i suspect that over 20 psi some of the pressure was bleeding off somewhere and its not really the gauge but a leaking line...under 20 it was SPOT ON..

JymBart

Established Member
Great product, ... by a great guy, ....... super service, . what more can you ask for.
JymBart

Users who are viewing this thread