Just installed Saleen wing on cobra

finally

Established Member
I just got one from Haney. Haven't had it painted yet. How much did that cost you? I see there is a lot of prep work to do. What kind of 2-sided tape did you use?

FLBuckeye

Established Member
NIce !
You'll always have some Haters.....but I find it hard to believe everyone on here wants the "exact" same looking Cobra or Ride.

I know at least 4 or 5 had that Spoiler-change w/ pics over the past 2 years.
But haven't seen a pic in a while...that's the S281's wing right ??!
Looks better than the stock rear spoiler IMHO ...but obviously $$

"Finally" can you post pics when you get your Torch Red Vert done .(Unless that's a Comp Orange. ..and I'm colorblind)
TIA !

lifter213

Established Member
Originally posted by 03yellow
Needs some NOS stickers and a purple light.

I'd say that wasent really called for. Why bash the guy in his own post? He changed to a Saleen wing, what is rice about that? And his car is faster than a S281 so i dont see what the deal is here. :shrug:

vipergts281

Established Member
Looks awesome with that wing. One of these days that wing will find itself on the back of my Cobra.

And luckily your car is silver so now I know exactly what it will look like.

o3redfire

Established Member
The saleen wing looks badass, alot better in person. Mine is at the paint shop for the second time, the first time the paint did not stick, Alot of prep work is involved.

vipergts281

Established Member
Originally posted by o3redfire
The saleen wing looks badass, alot better in person. Mine is at the paint shop for the second time, the first time the paint did not stick, Alot of prep work is involved.
How much did the paint cost you?

o3redfire

Established Member
It cost $120.00 to have it painted, when I took it back the painter was mad, and called it a piece of shit. I asked him if he wanted the prep directions that saleen sent with the wing, and he said hell no, he had been doing this for 50 yrs. I hope the paint sticks when I get it back this time, because it did look good the short time I had it.

vipergts281

Established Member
Damn, $120 is a steal.

If he had only known what he was getting into before he gave you the price, lol.

Saleen is junk. Except their stuff looks good, so........

Users who are viewing this thread