Just installed Saleen wing on cobra

03yellow

Established Member
Originally posted by lifter213
I'd say that wasent really called for. Why bash the guy in his own post? He changed to a Saleen wing, what is rice about that? And his car is faster than a S281 so i dont see what the deal is here. :shrug:

Oops,I guess it was just too easy.

I must be getting old. You know, my eyes must are starting to squint..... hay wait.... when you squint it looks much better!

Oops ,there I go again ....sorry I'll stop!

lifter213

Established Member
Originally posted by 03yellow
Oops,I guess it was just too easy.

I must be getting old. You know, my eyes must are starting to squint..... hay wait.... when you squint it looks much better!

Oops ,there I go again ....sorry I'll stop!

:rollseyes

JasonHogan

Established Member
Alright here I go.

I did the install my self. Took about 15 mins. and some time of it sitting in the sun to set in. It took 4 bolts (So it is not going to fall off) and I put 2 sided tape around all the edges. The side pieces also have 2sided tape on them. (By the way the 2 sided tape was 7/8in 3M.)

I paid $150 to have it painted. The painter said it was hard as crap to prep.

I paid like $272 I think for it shipped to GA

For the guys with good comment. (depending on taste) If you liked it thanks for the good comments. If not, thanks to you that left comments that did not make you sound like a "Smart A$$"

For you with Smart A$$ Remarks like "Needs some NOS stickers and a purple light. " and some others that did not like the Saleen wing on a non saleen car, atleast I am not putting the whole kit on and saying it is a Saleen, or putting cobra parts on a GT and saying it is a real cobra. If I wanted a real Saleen I could of bought one.

If you like it you like it, if you dont you dont. I just wanted to show you guys what it looked like. I like it wether any of yall do or not and that is my taste. If everones taste was the same this would be a boring world.

Ok done venting now. :fm: :D

Thanks guys for all the comments

Last edited:

WhiteT3

White Snake
Established Member
I think I'm missing something here. Your sig includes a Race Car. Is that yours also? I would think it is, are you a Driver? Sorry, I don't follow auto sports very close. Nice pics. I would have to say it looks nice on your Cobra, but I like mine with the stock wing. ( I do like the 200 MPH speedo that Saleen makes, though. I might buy that.) Jace.

JasonHogan

Established Member
Originally posted by WhiteT3
I think I'm missing something here. Your sig includes a Race Car. Is that yours also? I would think it is, are you a Driver? Sorry, I don't follow auto sports very close. Nice pics. I would have to say it looks nice on your Cobra, but I like mine with the stock wing. ( I do like the 200 MPH speedo that Saleen makes, though. I might buy that.) Jace.

Yea I drive race cars on a Nascar Regional Touring Series. I guess you would call me a Semi-Professional Driver. The car is owned by my dad and uncle and supported by a big chevrolet dealership. (otherwise it would be a ford)

The saleen speedo is pretty cool looking I agree.

03yellow

Established Member
Sorry, maybee we could play a game togeather.

http://www.alohaschool.net/kidscience/humpbacks/flukematching.swf

Originally posted by JasonHogan
Alright here I go.

I did the install my self. Took about 15 mins. and some time of it sitting in the sun to set in. It took 4 bolts (So it is not going to fall off) and I put 2 sided tape around all the edges. The side pieces also have 2sided tape on them. (By the way the 2 sided tape was 7/8in 3M.)

I paid $150 to have it painted. The painter said it was hard as crap to prep.

I paid like $272 I think for it shipped to GA

For the guys with good comment. (depending on taste) If you liked it thanks for the good comments. If not, thanks to you that left comments that did not make you sound like a "Smart A$$"

For you with Smart A$$ Remarks like "Needs some NOS stickers and a purple light. " and some others that did not like the Saleen wing on a non saleen car, atleast I am not putting the whole kit on and saying it is a Saleen, or putting cobra parts on a GT and saying it is a real cobra. If I wanted a real Saleen I could of bought one.

If you like it you like it, if you dont you dont. I just wanted to show you guys what it looked like. I like it wether any of yall do or not and that is my taste. If everones taste was the same this would be a boring world.

Ok done venting now. :fm: :D

Thanks guys for all the comments

kpinco

Established Member
JasonHogan: Good choice!! :rockon:

I've had mine about 1 1/2 years and had to get it re-painted. There is too much flex in the spoiler which caused the paint to crack. I had a the paint rep look at it and agreed they didn't put enough "flex" in the primer.

Finally got it re-painted but now I'm having problems with the 2-sided tape!!!!!:rollseyes

It's going in next week to get re-taped after they let it sit in the sun for a couple of hours. (Something to do with getting the spoiler and trucnk lid to the same temp.)

It's been a pain in the a$$ but I love the look!!

:beer:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice choice Jason. Not overstated like some. I've seen a couple of Stangs around here with wings so large they must be planning on racing at Daytona. LOL! Never liked big wings! Enjoy!

JasonHogan

Established Member
CobraBob- Thanks man. Some people go overboard on the wing and that is ok if that is your taste, but I like the way the saleen wing comes off the deck lid. Looks good and smooth.

kpinco- These spoilers are kinda of a pain in the butt. My painter took a lot of time in preping it. I also let it sit out side the next two day when it was sunny to heat it up and hopefully make it stick good.

kpinco

Established Member
Originally posted by JasonHogan
CobraBob- Thanks man. Some people go overboard on the wing and that is ok if that is your taste, but I like the way the saleen wing comes off the deck lid. Looks good and smooth.

kpinco- These spoilers are kinda of a pain in the butt. My painter took a lot of time in preping it. I also let it sit out side the next two day when it was sunny to heat it up and hopefully make it stick good.

Jason, you should be good to go!! The second time the paint shop used their own tape which I think is causing the problem! You got a good deal to get it painted!! I think I paid $450.

Yours looks sweet!!

I took the day off....so I'm putting the top down and heading out for a cruz with some friends! :rockon:

xVENOMx

straight boostin
Established Member
Originally posted by jordanvraptor
I don't like the "sideburns" but I do like the spoiler. Just wish it was blended into the deck lid better. Nice install though.

hey nothing a little bondo can't fix!

finally

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread