Just installed the Kenne Bell

Red35thGT

who cares?
Established Member
Just finished helping a friend install the Kenne Bell on his 03 Roush Stage 2. I figured that I would post a few pics for you guys. All thats left to do now is clean the car up and get it on the dyno to see what kind of numbers its putting down.

100_2557.jpg

100_3087.jpg

100_3088.jpg

100_3091.jpg

Red35thGT

who cares?
Established Member
WizardsCobra said:
Looks good man. How well does it run?

It runs awsome, but we are afraid to drive it until we get it on the dyno with a wideband to make sure the tune is right for it. Kenne Bell sends a chip with the kit, but I just think that it is better to be safe than sorry. The knock alert keeps going off at full throttle so we want to be careful. Some have said that the exhaust might be triggering that but why take the chance. I'd rather know for sure. Anybody know about this? Kenne Bell tech support says that we don't need to do anything except install the chip with the kit and that we would be crazy if we went and had a dyno tune done on the car. What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Red35thGT

who cares?
Established Member
Red99mustangman said:
I love roushes. How much did that cost him? I would enjoy that on my car!
I think by the time he bought everything to install it, somewhere around 3500 or 3800 dollars. Not bad at all, really.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Looks like a nice install. What kind of numbers is he looking for?

Juiced-03

Established Member
Looks good, except I'm not digging that mess on the gauge cluster. The BAP (or BAS) dial doesn't look right there, and I don't like that box thingy blocking the tach.

Red35thGT

who cares?
Established Member
not real crazy about it either, but we wanted it all within reach and plain view, but didn't want to drill into any of the stock pieces.

Red35thGT

who cares?
Established Member
esqeddy said:
That type pullies and what amount of boost is he expecting?

Kenne Bell told him to expect 514 at the flywheel on a bone stock car. I call BS on that. I don't believe it will make that much HP. They told him to expect 420 to 420 rwhp with the set up he has now. With the set up he has now, they told him it should make 10psi boost, but according to the guage, its making 11psi.

I'm not really sure what type of hp to expect.

DCAN87

Established Member
Red35thGT said:
I think by the time he bought everything to install it, somewhere around 3500 or 3800 dollars. Not bad at all, really.
Are you kidding? The kenne bell alone is more then that.

Red35thGT

who cares?
Established Member
blueangelfightr said:
Are you kidding? The kenne bell alone is more then that.
bought it second hand. Only had 3K miles on it. He picked it up everything except the guages in the cab for $2800.

fast02gt

Established Member
Get a damn tune on that thing. Those out of the box tunes suck! Put it on a dyno and get the numbers and tune it the right way!.He already spent 3 grand. God damn get a tune on it. :bash:

Users who are viewing this thread