Just Introducing

marcus314

Established Member
Hey. Well alittle about myself, I'm 18, entering college in the fall (Saint Louis University). I currently own a 99 Grand Prix GT (fast, but never fast enough). I'm currently considering purchasing either a 2003 cobra, or waiting until the 2006 fastback (I love the look). I've been saving up some change, and my goal is to pull 20K in 3 years (keep in mind I'm a student). Anyways, hopefully I can learn some new things from being a part of svtperformance.

Thanks

marcus314

Established Member
Naw, it's the n/a one. For a long time, I said that I was gonna get a GTP (s/c one), because there's ALOT of people that mod them. After doing some research and everything, I found out that it's a money pit. Many have told me that they invested a lot of money into it and they constantly broke things. Yeah, they're fun to drive and they're ok if you mod 'em to a 13, possibly a high 12 sec car, but any faster and you're asking for trouble. My car and a GTP are almost exactly the same except for the eaton m90.

nj7703

Established Member
Welcome, I have a 300M and got my ass handed to me by a "stripped" Grand Prix, cool car :beer:

Wild Bill

Established Member
Id get the 03 Marcus.Lots of great deals on used ones,and it wont be till 06 for the next Cobra.That gives you some time to enjoy without worry of the new model envy.

Users who are viewing this thread