Just lowered on SR springs

mdunn250

Established Member
image.jpegMy wife actually bought me car parts!!! A set of SR springs for Valentine's Dayfor my 12' Brembo GT. I was gonna wait till Monday (the day after v day) to put them on but she had some studying to do and I had a few hours to kill before dinner so I tossed them on. It rides better than the stock Brembo pack springs on stock shocks/struts! I got a adj phb the next day from a buddy and ordered a set of adj camber bolts and installed them the following day. I roughed in the alignment with a 2 ft. level in front on camber and used a plum bob to set the phb. So today I took it to the alignment shop today to give the springs some time to settle and all the adjustment needed was toe angle... Possible waste of money because I can do that with a 2x4, a tape measure, and some calculations; but it's good because it is a lifetime alignment deal with the shop and I will get 05-10 GT500 mounts and shocks/struts soon. But for now I'm very happy, there is no secondary motion over bumps, barely any brake dive, and she looks sooooo much better. In May I get my already purchased boss valence put on (my brother has it in GA and I'm in AR) and a complimentary photo shoot with a buddy who is a pro in GA. Now begins saving for shocks/struts then the brenspeed 475c pkg. I've got big plans but a tight budget epically till the wife is out of college.View attachment 61058

Last edited:

mdunn250

Established Member
So far so good personally, they were recommended by a friend who had them on his 14 GT/CS for 20k mi. on stock shocks/struts and he loved them even compared to another friend who had the K springs and frpp shocks/struts on his procharged 14GT. It's not so low that I have to worry about driveways and speed bumps so I'm happy.

1320 MAN

Established Member
Keep an eye on those springs. They have been failing and AM is deleting the negative postings. I too put them on my car and they collapsed after 4500 miles.

This is what you don't want them to look like.

failed_AM_springs.jpg

nate714

Established Member
I can vouch that they delete negative reviews. While I like A.M. and I've had great experiences with their customer service, my reviews never got posted, and I remember seeing negative reviews on the SR Performance Shock Tower brace before, some of those reviews also explained how to correct fitment issues, however those reviews are no longer on the site.

mdunn250

Established Member
Damn! I've never even heard of these springs collapsing! I've seen the ambiguous negative comments that they are junk, but with no explanation as to why. Did AM work a return/refund with you?

momogt

Established Member
I have SR springs with about 6000 miles on them still in good shape and ride quality is really good. I have them with strange adjustable shocks and struts.

nate714

Established Member
Damn! I've never even heard of these springs collapsing! I've seen the ambiguous negative comments that they are junk, but with no explanation as to why. Did AM work a return/refund with you?

You get what you pay for, I have a friend who dailies his car with SR springs only, no other suspension mods and he has no complaints. With budget parts from any brand you just run a chance that you end up with a part that would've failed quality assurance tests if it had been the random sample. I'm sure the majority of what they make are perfectly fine, but I know I got an oddball SR performance shock tower brace that is almost an inch too long and needs to be chopped and re-welded.

mdunn250

Established Member
Yeah, I wanted K springs, but the SRs were a gift from my wife so I'm not gonna complain. So far so good, hopefully they hold up!

1320 MAN

Established Member
I called AM and they said "what warranty...there is no warranty on SR springs". Really? Not even a 1 year? So, I bought some BMR's. Lesson learned $$$.

A month later some of my photos made it around the California Drag Race community forums and AM sent me another set without my knowing. I shipped them back -- don't trust that brand anymore.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a hater of AM, I just think they are so big now, that they have lost their edge. I just bought some Kooks Axle backs from AM on Friday for my new GT.

nate714

Established Member
It's not hating to call a budget part exactly what it is, a budget part. I just don't expect things from walmart to work perfectly and last a while, it's usually one or the other lol.

Vader5.0

Quick question I drive a 13 gt and my buddy bought 05-10 eibach sport lines and he doesn't want them anymore! Can I put them on my 13 without having to change anything!? Help pls!!

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I believe you can, the difference in those early S197s is the strut mount and front struts. You should be able to use the sport lines.

nate714

Established Member
Quick question I drive a 13 gt and my buddy bought 05-10 eibach sport lines and he doesn't want them anymore! Can I put them on my 13 without having to change anything!? Help pls!!

if you look on American Muscle's product page, the 05-10 sportlines have additional bump-stops and different style bump-stops than the 11-14. Spring wise they look similar but slightly different. Most kits are made for 05-14 with no change in bump stops, I'm not sure why Eibach uses different stops for the earlier ones.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread