just picked a 2013 5.0

Alien STI

Established Member
I wanna do the Stainless works longtube headers 1" 7/8, but I was told these headers have clearance issues, and is very close to the starter. Anyone running these for a while now on there car with any problems? My search bar is acting up, so please excuse if this has been discussed.

bmore1186

Established Member
A lot of people are recommending to drop the K-member to make the install easier.

You already have other mods? Headers aren't really the best first option unless you're going with a full N/A build imo.

Alien STI

Established Member
A lot of people are recommending to drop the K-member to make the install easier.

You already have other mods? Headers aren't really the best first option unless you're going with a full N/A build imo.

No mods yet but the full sw exhaust with and intake and tune are my plans for first modifications.
Yea I know the K member out of the way will help a lot. I'm more worried about after there installed over Time will they cause a problem from being to close to things. I talked to the people at SW an they said with in the last 8 months the header has been redesigned. I'm assuming to help with the spacing. Hoping someone who has them can let me know.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Congrats on the new car. I would pass on the long tubes for now. Your best gain for the money is cat delete with your choice of cat back or axle backs with a good tune. The stock mid length tubes flow better than anything better than ford has used in the past.

Last edited:

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
i have only heard of 1 person who had clearance issues with the SW headers. i think you will be good.

Spd2Stang

I just WOT in my pants
Established Member
no clearance issus with mine and were on the car for 4-5K miles.
They're for sale in the 2011 exhaust section in order to help fund a f/i setup

N20JUNKY

Established Member
no no wrap, ceramic coat. If he lives anywhere that rains the wrap will cause them to rust

no wrap, it will cause the pipes to crack over time because it makes the metal brittle. I have SW longtubes and have no issues, have installed ARH on a boss and had no issues as well. The long tubes may be alot more expensive then a O/R x-pipe but a longtubed coyote screams more then one with just a x-pipe

Alien STI

Established Member
thanks guys, I wanna go with the SW long tubes because of the beastly sound they have. I may get them coated just to help on heat. As far as wrap, im not sure why people still do that, seems to cause the problems as stated above all the time, even in the sti community.

Users who are viewing this thread