Just picked Up a GTR monday

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
I think to some guys yes. There are still people out there who don't know what the GTR is. They see the Nissan badge and don't think much of it. Kind of like my car. I get a lot of "what is that thing??" questions when I pull up somewhere. Prior to the cam, my car was a decent sleeper. But now theirs no hiding it lol.

Sorry, but nothing about the design cue of the GTR speaks sleeper. It looks like a sports car. Wide flair, hood vents, fender vents, wide rear, thick tires, sits lows.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
I think to some guys yes. There are still people out there who don't know what the GTR is. They see the Nissan badge and don't think much of it. Kind of like my car. I get a lot of "what is that thing??" questions when I pull up somewhere. Prior to the cam, my car was a decent sleeper. But now theirs no hiding it lol.
I fail to see how this car looks like a sleeper :??:
Nissan+GT-R+%283%29.jpg

4 door car's tend to almost always blend in with the crowd. Your car and my car doesnt scream sports car nor have the looks for it. Being that they make lower tiers that look similar (especially mine) don't help it. A GT-R however looks unique.

johnjon87

Established Member
The car is a 10' with 23k miles on it. I bought it for 67k with a AAM650 Package on it, so that's basically down and mid pipe, and a full exhaust and around 600 AWHP. My first step will most likely be e85, I love what its done with the Shelby. The only problem is its hard to find around here, but the good thing is that the GT-R will get considerably better mpg that I'm certain of, the Shelby is averaging 7 mpg right now. So after I get use to the differences and get good with the car I plan on doing an alpha 9+ or Alpha 10 package. I would go for Alpha 12 but realistically I wont have 100k handy. As of now Ive only driven the car once because the loan/title is being transferred to penfed so I have to wait until the process is finished, then take everything to the DMV and get some plates. Thanks everyone for the complements Ill make sure to post some vids and pics later.

2001GTTT

Yellow is faster
Established Member
so sick, love those cars....ive never been in anything that handled better.

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
I love how the key fob is the exact same one as the one for my brother in law's altima, except with a GT-R stuck on it.

Congrats on the purchase, what year is it?

Did you look at the Shelby key and fob?

The car is a 10' with 23k miles on it. I bought it for 67k with a AAM650 Package on it, so that's basically down and mid pipe, and a full exhaust and around 600 AWHP. My first step will most likely be e85, I love what its done with the Shelby. The only problem is its hard to find around here, but the good thing is that the GT-R will get considerably better mpg that I'm certain of, the Shelby is averaging 7 mpg right now. So after I get use to the differences and get good with the car I plan on doing an alpha 9+ or Alpha 10 package. I would go for Alpha 12 but realistically I wont have 100k handy. As of now Ive only driven the car once because the loan/title is being transferred to penfed so I have to wait until the process is finished, then take everything to the DMV and get some plates. Thanks everyone for the complements Ill make sure to post some vids and pics later.

Yeah that's a shitty problem to have...

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I love how the key fob is the exact same one as the one for my brother in law's altima, except with a GT-R stuck on it.

Its a badass Nissan, but its still a Nissan. Like I said in the other thread, most people put this car on some pedestal like its some hand built Ferrari that no mere mortal can work on, but it shares many manufacturing parts and process with the other Nissan cars.

Congrats man, these ultimate sleepers have really started to grow on me lately.

Sleeper?

A sleeper would be a Nissan Sentra with a GTR drivetrain swap.

Last edited:

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Its a badass Nissan, but its still a Nissan. Like I said in the other thread, most people put this car on some pedestal like its some hand built Ferrari that no mere mortal can work on, but it shares many manufacturing parts and process with the other Nissan cars.

blah, blah, blah, waaa, waaa, i'll never be able to afford one, so i'll just do the next best thing and talk smack about it.^^^^

the quality of the GTR is better than any american car i've had. and i've had a few nice ones, including a '13 shelby. the car is an incredible piece of machinery, plain and simple

johnjon87

Established Member
the quality of the GTR is better than any american car i've had. and i've had a few nice ones, including a '13 shelby. the car is an incredible piece of machinery, plain and simple

I agree I haven't even been able to drive it yet and its just this weird aura around and inside the car. It handles great and feels great, the computer is nothing short of remarkable. As most have seen yesterday it just broke the 1/4mile record and has broken the record at Nurburgring this car can be what ever you want it to be. You can also see the GT-Rs great performance on snow as well! You can also still drive the car as a daily with 1200hp comfortably. With the Shelby I definitely can not drive it as a daily that's for sure being rear wheel drive. I love my Shelby and I definitely Love the sound more than the GT-R especially with those cams but I love cars in general. I'm always on a quest for getting the best bang for my buck, and even though it may be expensive the GT-R with 200k is gonna blow almost everything out of the water.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
It shares it and whats your point? I have seen a lot of Nissan and Infinity interiors that look and feel soooooo much better than the American and/or Luxury cars.
Shared or not shared, it's still done right inside and out. I wouldnt scuff at Nissan quality either, they make great long lasting cars inside and out.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
blah, blah, blah, waaa, waaa, i'll never be able to afford one, so i'll just do the next best thing and talk smack about it.^^^^

Umm, I think its a COOL THING they share parts. Smart manufacturing IMO. Shows that while people put this car on such a high pedestal, its still made the same way others are made.

You make me lol. Yeah, I must talk so much shit on every car over $50k because I cannot afford one.

It shares it and whats your point? I have seen a lot of Nissan and Infinity interiors that look and feel soooooo much better than the American and/or Luxury cars.
Shared or not shared, it's still done right inside and out. I wouldnt scuff at Nissan quality either, they make great long lasting cars inside and out.

My point goes back to the thread where people were saying a car like this cannot be worked on. If you can work on an Altima, you can work on a GTR is my opinion.

I think its a great car. Price is too high, but its badass none the less.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
My point goes back to the thread where people were saying a car like this cannot be worked on. If you can work on an Altima, you can work on a GTR is my opinion.

I think its a great car. Price is too high, but its badass none the less.
That's the difference though, I remember reading that the block is shared with the VQ lines but thats about where the similarity ends. Everything else was done different. Quote from a Nissan forum
The original castings for the 2 blocks probably started off very similar but go through a very different production process. They have the same bore and bore spacing but the VR38DETT is lined (using Ford's PTWA process) and pretty much everything else about the engines is different (crank, rods, pistons, heads etc)
Also read that the engine is lifted so no, you cannot do this at home. Sharing and similarity come to a certain point. It is far from being your average car and Nissan. Messing also with the ATTESA system, I would stay far away from its electronics.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
That's the difference though, I remember reading that the block is shared with the VQ lines but thats about where the similarity ends. Everything else was done different. Quote from a Nissan forum

Also read that the engine is lifted so no, you cannot do this at home. Sharing and similarity come to a certain point. It is far from being your average car and Nissan. Messing also with the ATTESA system, I would stay far away from its electronics.

Nevermind. I don't think youre getting the point I was trying to make, and it wasn't specific to any one aspect of the car like engine internals, transmission, etc. Sure most of the items that go into the performance wont be similar to any other Nissan, but other items and processes that go into the actual build of the car will be.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member

+1

its like comparing a crop duster to an F-15. Both are planes.. durrr... same thing :dw:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
+1

its like comparing a crop duster to an F-15. Both are planes.. durrr... same thing :dw:

Sure, if both were produced by McDonnel Douglas in an assembly line method engineered by the same people with the same vendors for sub-assemblies then yeah.

Users who are viewing this thread