Just picked Up a GTR monday

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Seriously 23k brake job as in $23,000???

11K exhaust?????
I don't think the brake job is that much....

The Carbon Ceramic rotors last a VERY long time. The pads aren't that bad in price. Prices are similar to the ZR1 and Z07.

I know a password JDM exhaust is 2k

truefiveo

Established Member
Id rather rent one of these GTRs on the weekend than actually own it.

Not really a timeless vehicle I see wanting to hold on to.

johnjon87

Established Member
Seriously 23k brake job as in $23,000???

11K exhaust?????

Yes that's correct

GTRs are holding their value like exotics are.. plus if you put an alpha package on it you can sell it for what you put in it. Don't see how owning one would be a bad investment? I couldn't be happier with my purchase and I haven't even driven the car yet

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
I've put 4k miles on mine since December and I barely have a commute. The car makes a good winter daily for me, and is an absolute blast to rip on. **** investment. The look on anyone's face when you take off wot from a stoplight is priceless. Picture an effortless 1.6 60' time from any stoplight if that's what you want to do. Or the ability to go around the twisties as well.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Sorry I must have miss spoke earlier I meant to upgrade brakes. I know you can do the aps but I was just saying like upgrading from stock to baer in shelby is 5 -6k so thats what I was referring to

No need to upgrade the brakes.

Gtr brakes>z06>ctsv>gt500

True story

lucheski

Established Member
The car is a 10' with 23k miles on it. I bought it for 67k with a AAM650 Package on it, so that's basically down and mid pipe, and a full exhaust and around 600 AWHP. My first step will most likely be e85, I love what its done with the Shelby. The only problem is its hard to find around here, but the good thing is that the GT-R will get considerably better mpg that I'm certain of, the Shelby is averaging 7 mpg right now. So after I get use to the differences and get good with the car I plan on doing an alpha 9+ or Alpha 10 package. I would go for Alpha 12 but realistically I wont have 100k handy. As of now Ive only driven the car once because the loan/title is being transferred to penfed so I have to wait until the process is finished, then take everything to the DMV and get some plates. Thanks everyone for the complements Ill make sure to post some vids and pics later.

Thats a whole lot of car for 67K!!! At only 67k invested bang for the buck will beat most SVT vehicles performance wise Hell....I have about 66k overall in my cobra which performs well but I have to admit you have more "car" and potential. Honestly alot of people may cry since it's not a GT500 but the truth of the matter is you got more overall performance if you consider interior/electronics, AWD, braking, handling and consistency. I don't care so much for the styling on the R35's but I respect it. Watch out for the maintance and upkeep costs!!! Thanks for sharing the pics bro....and ignore all the haters :beer:

johnjon87

Established Member
Thats a whole lot of car for 67K!!! At only 67k invested bang for the buck will beat most SVT vehicles performance wise Hell....I have about 66k overall in my cobra which performs well but I have to admit you have more "car" and potential. Honestly alot of people may cry since it's not a GT500 but the truth of the matter is you got more overall performance if you consider interior/electronics, AWD, braking, handling and consistency. I don't care so much for the styling on the R35's but I respect it. Watch out for the maintance and upkeep costs!!! Thanks for sharing the pics bro....and ignore all the haters :beer:

Thanks dude I mean overall like you said I could've got a porshe or something fancy like that but I'm always about getting the best out of my money and I believe that is exactly what I got. I'll post some vids as soon as I get the title and tags. I'm going to take it to aam this week or next to get the e85 system and tune set up and probably upgraded blow offs as well:thumbup::beer:

Last edited:

Teal Terminator

Established Member
First let me say, I hate you. ;) J/K Congrats on the purchase. I love those damn things! So baddass in stock form yet so much potential on left on the table as well. Enjoy it.

Kevins89notch

Established Member

A friend said that Hertz at the airport in Tampa has one. He had to ask, just wondering. From what he said, it was $600 a day, but they dropped it to $200 a day since no one ever rented it. Sounds like BS, but the guy isn't some 17 year old kid, this is coming from a guy I trust. Maybe the employee he talked to was lying though. Either way, for $200, if unlimited miles, OMG I would enjoy the **** out of it!

Users who are viewing this thread