Just Picked Up My 04 Cobra.

HausCobra

Established Member
Just got back from the dealership with my silver 04 coupe. It was so hard not getting on it coming home down teh turnpike. I am going easy on it for a few hundred miles at least. Car rides liek a cadillac compared to my 94 cobra. Shifting is a little different grabs alot lower than I am used to. is it common to get a kinda of clunking type sound and even chattering a little when shifting into second gear especially. maybe clutch needs to break in more and I need to learn the clutch a little better as well. Already ordered a pro 5.0 shifter with cobra bob's gaskets and a k&n kipk from John at SoCal. Cant wait to get them on and in a few weeks teh magnaflow catback will go on. I am so happy to finally have one I have been dreaming of it for almost a year now.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
You have no idea what you've just gotten yourself into!!!! Congrats man!!!! You now own an awesome-ass car.......

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
Good buy man.....glad you like it! The drivetrain clunk is normal to most including myself. Be easy on it for the first 500 miles! It's hard I know but well worth with in the future. Break the clutch in right though then have fun..... :)

IDAREU

Banned
I know what you mean about the 94 and driving a 04. My father has a 94 pace car and the 03/04 feels more like a vette than a mustang.

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dominick32

BANNED
Get ready for the power itch.
If it hasnt hit you yet, look at my sig.
This car is so easy to mod and make power
you just keep wanting more and more.

BTW - Congratulations, you will never regret buying this car.

Dom
www.svtsnake.com

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
Originally posted by IronTerp
You have no idea what you've just gotten yourself into!!!! Congrats man!!!! You now own an awesome-ass car.......

couldn't have said it better! :beer:

DitchTehFish

Established Member
Congrats! I picked up my 04 about a 3 weeks ago, it currently has 890 miles on it. I took it easy for the first 500 miles, I did not go over 4K RPM's, with full throttle runs between 2K and 4K every so often. Once I hit 500 miles I changed the oil and raised the RPM's to 5K, still pushing the car within its limits. Once I hit 1000 miles, i'll let her rip full on. Also, no extended periods of time at the same RPM/speed for the first thousand miles. I added the FIPK at about 650 miles and I just ordered the Magnaflow catback today. :coolman:

P.S. The drivetrain clunk is normal, and our valve trains chatter quite a bit.

Last edited:

HausCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by BillyMac72
if you need help putting them in let me know it cost alot to have them done at a shop

thanks I will look into it. I appreciate you offering ur help.

Users who are viewing this thread