Just picked up my 2012 Boss Need YOUR HELP!

BOOSTD5.4

Established Member
With the 4.10 you will be shifting at the stripe......

You will run 11's all day with these mods with a good drag radial. It may be faster than the 700 whp cars!

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
I'd go with an mgw instead of the Barton, and definitely don't go with 4.10's. I'd also consider a tune from JMS, they've done a great job tuning my setup which has trapped 123+ with traction control on.

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
most of these guys already know what i am going to say......
let me start someplace different and come back to my usual.

get the ford racing boss r bbs track wheels. they are 18x10 all the good
for racing/track data comes from tire that fit that rim. 275/35-18. they are light and
they are made for track driving. the single size will allow you to effectively rotate your tires.

for tires. i would keep streets on your factory wheels. i would get the new goodyear eagle rs(racing special) dot racing tire in the above size and trailer your car to the race track with a proper camber set up on your boss. budget doesnt seem to be an issue. so get a truck and trailer for hauling the car with track settings on it.

then see if the car is too slow for you at the race track. til you are ringing all the time out of that car on the race track that it can deliver, the mods are just an exercise more likely to mess up your track driving than anything.

if you have got to monkey with the car, buy the ford racing control arms and boss r and s suspension upgrades. this is the set up the pros are racing on and the platform where all the developement data is going to be coming from.

if you want more, then get the boss s aero. g stream wing, hood and splitter.

bottom line is, use the car for what its meant for. its not meant to have nascar 800whp in it.

cloud9

Established Member
most of these guys already know what i am going to say......
let me start someplace different and come back to my usual.

get the ford racing boss r bbs track wheels. they are 18x10 all the good
for racing/track data comes from tire that fit that rim. 275/35-18. they are light and
they are made for track driving. the single size will allow you to effectively rotate your tires.

for tires. i would keep streets on your factory wheels. i would get the new goodyear eagle rs(racing special) dot racing tire in the above size and trailer your car to the race track with a proper camber set up on your boss. budget doesnt seem to be an issue. so get a truck and trailer for hauling the car with track settings on it.

then see if the car is too slow for you at the race track. til you are ringing all the time out of that car on the race track that it can deliver, the mods are just an exercise more likely to mess up your track driving than anything.

if you have got to monkey with the car, buy the ford racing control arms and boss r and s suspension upgrades. this is the set up the pros are racing on and the platform where all the developement data is going to be coming from.

if you want more, then get the boss s aero. g stream wing, hood and splitter.

bottom line is, use the car for what its meant for. its not meant to have nascar 800whp in it.

Good list. I'm just getting ready to pull the trigger on the S suspension and already have the aero.

Users who are viewing this thread