Just picked up this Blown 1994 5.0 Cobra

Blown5ohhSN95

I picked up this 94 Cobra over the weekend. It has 21,000 original miles and as far as I can tell in very great condition. The car makes 380hp to the wheels through a Ford Motorsports (Powerdyne) supercharger with a bunch of supporting mods and a new TKO 5spd transmission.

The last owner updated the front bumper to a 98 Cobra and the wheels are also from a 98 Cobra. Anyone recognize this car. I believe it spent most of its life in Florida.

Any major things or preventative maintenance I should do before getting on the car. This is my first Cobra.

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
Welcome and Congrats!!

Looks like it has some very nice upgrades over stock.
Sounds like a well taken care of weekend/show car.

Being that it is an older car with very low mileage,
Just go over the car, front to back, check condition of fluids (replace if needed, ie. coolant,power steering, brake fluid, rear diff oil etc.),
condition of the belts, hoses, lights/bulbs, brakes (pads/rotors), suspension (shocks/struts - check for leaks), balljoints/tierods. Check/test battery.
Then, drive the car, listen for any abnormal sounds etc.

Change the fuel filter, clean MAF sensor with a proper spray cleaner, check and replace spark plugs, check condition of plug wires and routing (make sure they arent touching the headers etc.)

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
Welcome. Car sounds kickass.

Sent from my POFS iPhone in a rage cause this is the third try.

ZD302GT

Zach
Established Member
Anytime I get a new one of these cars I always check the rear brake sliders, clean them up and grease them. Over the years I've found a few that were rusty and crusty and seized, wearing on the brakes improperly.

Users who are viewing this thread