Just purchased my first Cobra

partzman

Established Member
I just purchased a silver 2003 Cobra Coupe with 74600 miles on it. Came with unknown pulley, JLT intake, o/r x pipe and magnapacks! Seller claimed 450hp @wheels and 500torque. Going to take it to piedmont custom motorsports to have a sct tune put on it and verify those numbers and all the actual mods done to the car! This is actually my first mustang and I'm stoked to be driving it.
rfjy.jpg

cj428mach

Established Member
I thought aluminum eaton pulleys was kind of a no no so I wonder if it has been pullied since these cars were new (not a big deal as these cars can take it, but that means I'd probably trust the tune if its survived 10yrs pullied). Most press on pulleys are steel with an aluminum hub.

Last edited:

jblood37

Established Member
I thought aluminum eaton pulleys was kind of a no no so I wonder if it has been pullied since these cars were new. Most press on pulleys are steel with an aluminum hub.

I thought so too, but then again I haven't had my car with an eaton on it. You made a good choice for your first Mustang. Be ready to spend some money.

Woody6799

Established Member
Very nice! Congrats on the big purchase! Give her a wash and give of us all the pics. I bet 90% of your mods can be identified by the experts on here

partzman

Established Member
Thanks guys. I took these pics with my tablet so i guess ill have to size them down lol First things first i have to sort the a/c out on it then after the tune I plan on upgrading the valvetrain with new springs and valve guides. Is it a good idea to just go ahead and do a complete valvetrain swap or just stick with those two things. BTW I work at an Advance auto in raleigh, NC and do most of the performance stuff for my district so if anyone in the area needs a quick fix for go fast parts hit me up.

Users who are viewing this thread