Just purchased some HIDs!!!!!!!!

SVTFsOnIcBlUe

C:\Socuments and Dettings
Established Member
Well I saw this thread about some used HIDs on ebay --->>http://svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=285788
I was wary of the $90 for shipping. But I started talking to the guy with emails and he was a really nice guy. I live in LA and he lives in San Diego so I asked him if I could pick them up local and avoid the $90 shipping!! He said sure. So I made a bid on umm. He had a reserve of $350 which I thought was an outstanding price!!! Don't you agree???!!???!?? I didn't think I was gonna get them for that price a few other people were bidding as well. But auction ended at $350!!! So if you count the $30 in gas it cost to get there and back I payed a total of around $380!!!! The lights were in excellent condition too! This guy had an 02 svt like mine and so he had bought them new and made harnesses himself, which he threw in for free!!! I ment him at the San Diego zoo parking lot. And as a testiment to what a nice guy he is he actually brought his own tools and installed them for me!!!!! I helped of course but WOW!!!! What a great guy to deal with. I think I really got lucky with this one!
I asked him why he was charging so much for shipping. He said because he was gonna bubble wrap the crap out of the lights and get all the shipping insurance you can get for it because he said it took him 3 tries to get his in working condition! I guess they really dont travel well! He still has his Focus btw I don't know what he wants to do with it and I dont think he does either lol. He has a new car which a MazdaSpeed 6!!! Took a ride in that bad boy and wow!!! Pretty fast. but I took a few pictures while I was at the parking lot showing before and after pics. Enjoy! :rockon: :rockon:

BEFORE!!
310025_183_full.jpg

That is his new mazda in the background BTW.

AND AFTER!!
310025_184_full.jpg

They look so nice!!
310025_185_full.jpg

Last edited:

svt2nv04

Established Member
i'd like to get flashed once in a while :-D

i saw them lights on ebay also but i didn't get them because he lives in cali and i live in maryland and i know how the shipping is with them. you hear all the time about them tabs breaking! if i only knew he was going to make sure they got here in good condition!

you got an excellent deal. i can not believe you only got them for $350! :whine:

Hotrod Tommy

SVT Poster
Established Member
Sweet! That's a great deal! Cool guy to help you out like that. HIDs are on my list, but after a flat-panel plasma and a dirt-bike!

6SpeedLover

Established Member
SVTsOnIcBLUe, im sooo happy for you bro. I know you have been wanting them for a long time, now you know why i decided to keep mine (makes the front end look mean) and yea all these guys are right,,, you will get flashed (its funny) CoNgRaTs bro!!!! Enjoy them...

"WILL RACE FOR FOOD"

SVTFsOnIcBlUe

C:\Socuments and Dettings
Established Member
Hotrod Tommy said:
Hey do those headlights have blinkers behind the glass? If so, look into the Euro-style grill that removes the front ambers between the headlights. I saw it at http://focussport.com/eurogrill.htm. Sweet!

Yikes!! $79.99 for the grill looks nice though. well, as of now I dont have the blinkers in the HIDs hooked up. Need to splice into the blinker wires for that. So right now the standard blinkers are being used. Any1 know how to splice into the blinker wires without having to cut them off there plug? Meaning if I wanted to return it to stock I could still plug in the old blinkers?? LOL I still have yet to see what the blinkers look like in the HIDs.

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
SVTFsOnIcBlUe said:
Yikes!! $79.99 for the grill looks nice though. well, as of now I dont have the blinkers in the HIDs hooked up. Need to splice into the blinker wires for that. So right now the standard blinkers are being used. Any1 know how to splice into the blinker wires without having to cut them off there plug? Meaning if I wanted to return it to stock I could still plug in the old blinkers?? LOL I still have yet to see what the blinkers look like in the HIDs.

You can use a scotch-lock connector for tapping into the turn signal wiring, It slips over the old wire and you slide the new wire into a slot net to it and when you clamp it shut it cuts into the insulation on both and provides the connection.

If you buy good ones they have sealant in them to keep water out.

If you search over on Focaljet there are some great wiring diagrams and pinouts for the conversion.

If you look at your turn signal sockets they are actually marked "major-minor-ground" The major is the turn signal, minor is the marker and ground you better be able to figure out for yourself :poke:

Then just figure out which pin on the HID is which, I don't recall.

If you have the FRPP HID kit I believe you will have to actually cut those wires to disable the FRPP harness to those bulbs.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread