Just rode in 2011 GT

Solopony

Established Member
So my buddy picked up a 2011 GT base with 3.73 and brembos and all i can say is WOW. Ford has really come a long way since my 2003 GT. The car is fast as heck, rides nice and smooth but firm and seems so much more well put together than my GT was. I think it will be hard decision when I am back in the market for a toy, I still like the looks of the 03/04 Cobra but this GT is a seriously nice car.

4a7191a

Established Member
i still want an 08 shelby 500, but yeah. my cousins got a 11 GT and well its sweet. he wont race me in the mach though :(

wjk

Established Member
The new Mustangs are significantly better in just about every way. The interior for one is night and day compared to a new edge. They are roomier, utilize better materials, quieter, more comfortable, have more gizmos, and overall just better. One day, I'll step up to one of the new stangs. I couldn't afford a new one right now, but perhaps once the 2014 Mustang drops I will be able to!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The new Mustangs are significantly better in just about every way. The interior for one is night and day compared to a new edge. They are roomier, utilize better materials, quieter, more comfortable, have more gizmos, and overall just better. One day, I'll step up to one of the new stangs. I couldn't afford a new one right now, but perhaps once the 2014 Mustang drops I will be able to!

I echo your comments. It is such a great car all around. Kind of hard to find any faults, unlike the '03-'04 Cobra and other New Edge Mustangs. But.....there is something unique about the Terminator that just makes you cast a blind eye to any of those faults. As you well know. :thumbsup:

Timeless

TK-421
Established Member
To be fair, if it was an auto he test drove it might have felt sluggish. The dealers also only use crap 87 octane which does not help either.

wbt

Banned
:pop::pop:

I rode in one, seemed pretty decent. I'm waiting to line up with one from a stop light ;-)

Take your SRT8 to SAR and line up down there. I know of a couple of 11 sec. 2011's that frequent there. ;)

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDATLHJtzWY"]YouTube - 2011 Mustang GT 11 sec.[/nomedia]
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdf5kgINH0A"]YouTube - 2011 Mustang GT auto [email protected][/nomedia]

Never_Enough

Established Member
oh yea compared to that lightning fast genesis you own :bored:

Yea, I haven't owned 4 Mustangs one being a 10 second car or anything.

Don't make ASSumptions, slick.

FYI, the "lightning fast" Genesis traps 110. :uh oh:

Thanks for playing.

Never_Enough

Established Member
To be fair, if it was an auto he test drove it might have felt sluggish. The dealers also only use crap 87 octane which does not help either.

The one I drove was auto so maybe that was the problem. :dw:

I'd still buy one to DD, but not to own. I'd have to lease b/c I get bored fast w/my toys. However, they do not lease well. I was quoted around $700 a month. LOL!

Solopony

Established Member
Riding in it, it was deceptively fast. You can't see the speedo, it's a smooth car and I was constantly asking my buddy how fast we were going every time he let off. I was very surprised by the answer every time i heard the mph.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Yea, I haven't owned 4 Mustangs one being a 10 second car or anything.

Don't make ASSumptions, slick.

FYI, the "lightning fast" Genesis traps 110. :uh oh:

Thanks for playing.

That was with a CAI and what again, 75 or 100 shot of nitrous??? :bored:

Users who are viewing this thread