Just took delivery of our new Ecoboost Explorer Sport

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Very cool! Looking forward to updates and what you like/don't like.

Any chance it will find it's way to the strip for some times?

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
is the explorer a true suv, or a crossover suv?

crossover.. the last year it was a true SUV was 2010, (body on frame, RWD based) the 2011 model year was a car based FWD chassis.. perfect for the soccer mom that will never go off road, or tow anything, but doesn't want a minivan (the same type of vehicle as the Ford Flex and Edge)

BlackOutUT

Established Member
I looked at these back when I bought my truck. Very nice. Nothing g like the previous models. I bet you'll lo e it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Good for her! I'm sure she'll love it. Ford definitely made a very good SUV even better as a crossover with the next Explorer. Your package would be the one I'd pick if I were to buy one. Hope you enjoy it, too. :)

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
We've had our 2011 Limited since they came out..we ordered it before they hit the lots, and waited, and waited, and waited some more for Ford to fix their production, and then supply issues before we finally got it. It's the wifes truck, and she's put 48k miles on it already...so far, so good. The only issue's we've had are the sync system acting up (bad module, which I'm STILL waiting for her to take to the stealership to have addressed) and we overheated the trans while offroading on the beach. Turns out one of our cooling fans wasn't working. I'm still not convinced that the trans came out with zero damage, but time will tell.

EatonEggbeater

You tried to rob WHAT?
Established Member
I'm also considering this to replace my wife's Q5.

I'm about to post a pic, no :wf: allowed!

:poke:

explorerpic.jpg

This is taken at the dealership with my cell.

xenodragon

Established Member
We have had our explorer sport for about a month now. I like it...i got it for my wife. I have to say i hate fords MyTouch screen....awful.

But the power is really good on the sport....it seems to torque steer a bit if you hit the gas while doing any kind of turn...just doesnt feel as tight as it should. They also should have made the steering wheel thicker. It could also use some bolsters on the seats. Those are really my only complaints with it, and i was digging to think of things

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
We've had our 2011 Limited since they came out..we ordered it before they hit the lots, and waited, and waited, and waited some more for Ford to fix their production, and then supply issues before we finally got it. It's the wifes truck, and she's put 48k miles on it already...so far, so good. The only issue's we've had are the sync system acting up (bad module, which I'm STILL waiting for her to take to the stealership to have addressed) and we overheated the trans while offroading on the beach. Turns out one of our cooling fans wasn't working. I'm still not convinced that the trans came out with zero damage, but time will tell.

I've come close to overheating the trans in a Raptor in soft sand. Driving like that puts a major strain on a vehicles systems.

EatonEggbeater

You tried to rob WHAT?
Established Member
What are you folks doing for floor mats? (BTW, will have the car over the weekend, may go out of town to shoot my new S&W bodyguard)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread