EV Nascar settle of differences soon to come
tbz-sunwoo.gif
Bottom one! LOL.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I think we may be in a situation here where a lot of guys didn't spend a lot of time at dirt tracks growing up. The 'rules' are not the same as Cup racing.
Yep! Very different racing. I used to go to Late Model dirt races in New York. Not only did the drivers and crews routinely go at it, the wives/girlfriends/families in the stands would go at it at the drop of a nickel. Man, I saw some brutal and large family fights back then. VERY different from the Nascar Cup races seen (not by me!) on tv or at the track.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Yep! Very different racing. I used to go to Late Model dirt races in New York. Not only did the drivers and crews routinely go at it, the wives/girlfriends/families in the stands would go at it at the drop of a nickel. Man, I saw some brutal and large family fights back then. VERY different from the Nascar Cup races seen (not by me!) on tv or at the track.

I miss the races at Oxford Plains speedway up in ME. They had it all. Big track with excellent racing, drag strip, Grateful Dead concerts, real deal (no pussies) Figure 8 racing, the Oxford 250, the ACT tour, etc etc. They still operate up there but I haven't been in many moons.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Hey Paul, do you remember Riverside Park Speedway in Agawam? Not sure if you lived in MA back then. Riverside was a 1/4 mile track. Smallish, but the racing was fun to watch. AND hear!

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Hey Paul, do you remember Riverside Park Speedway in Agawam? Not sure if you lived in MA back then. Riverside was a 1/4 mile track. Smallish, but the racing was fun to watch. AND hear!

We went a few times, but our track was OPS when I was growing up. (2 1/2 hr drive) Along with some Hudson, Lee, Star, NED, and White Mountain Motorsports sprinkled in there. Of course Bryar too, which is now NHMS.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator

I'd like to build a modified into a street car. I've seen a few done like that before.

Users who are viewing this thread