K&N air filter or CAI

MADGREEK

Established Member
dont know what to buy just the paper fliter(k&n) or a CAI system, is there a big diffence of hp of tq? if its the CAI who has the best, and cheaps system want to have one of these mod asap.
thank you

fubu795

Banned
I took my silencer out and put a K&N in first, then switched to the UPR CAI. I definitly noticed a difference. S/C sound is alot louder and now the tires break loose in 2nd and 3rd. I installed the CAI and also the MAC Cat-Back the same night so I really can't justify the difference in only the CAI. I think it was a worthy investment. Install was super easy, fits like a glove.

Hope This Helps!

MikeW

Established Member
I did the K&N first and felt a small SOTP difference. Lately I have been considering a CAI but just dont know if it would be worth the extra $$$. 5.0 or MM&FF did an overview of the difference. The K&N Drop in put an extra 10hp at the wheels I believe. Do a search the results of that article have been posted here before. Now there are more choices but if I were you I'd stay with a CAI that does not go into the fender. Seems like more folks have better luck with CAI's like Steeda and the K&N CAI.

Good Luck!

JaketheSnake

roll race? where?
Established Member
I have the KNN aircharger CAI and I dont regret it, I know the apten CAI is a nice piece too, you wont regret it either way

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
i have the K&N drop in.....thinkin about a CAI but until then this one is workin fine!

Cobra03FLA

Titties & Beer!
Established Member
Im kind of curious how much I will gain from going to a good cai...
Right now Im making decent power with just the removed siliencer and drop in K&N (also have the borla catback)

cobramark

Established Member
04-MystiChrome

I currently have the Bassani x-pipe and Bssani exhaust however I'm going to go with Stingers. How do you like the sound with the Stingers and Bassani X-pipe? Pretty loud I hope?

DSG03Snake

Established Member
I can feel the difference between my car and my friends car and the only mod he has different is the CAI, its not a huge difference but its there, and the blower is definately louder which is awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread