K&N drop in air filter question

Sniperfox

Kopfjaeger
Established Member
Other than saving money in the long run on replacement filters, does it actually give a 5.0 any more HP or torque?

Another question, do any of the CAI kits available add much HP without a tune?
thanks

87hatchy

Established Member
For the air filter, check this out: http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...aper-filter-k-n-airraid-procal-no-procal.html

For the CAI, you pretty much need a tune on these cars with a CAI. I think one company sells one that claims you do not need a tune, but I do not believe they add much (if any) power. The factory air box is actually pretty good. Not much of a need for any CAI on these cars besides for the looks. I would just get a tune with the factory air box.

wingless5.0

Established Member
K&n is only beneficial if you don't wanna keep buying the oem filters. They add no power, hell I think svtp did a review on the k&n and it actually lost power. As for the cai, the stock intake is actually really good. The only reason I have one is I got a real good deal on mine. If you actually buy an intake, get the airraid

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
How does the Steeda compare to the Airaid, are most CIA's about the same.
Yes. Most of the tune required CAIs are around a 100-101mm MAF tube diameter.

K&N, AEM, and a few others that say no tune is required are no different that the stock, because the MAF cross section doesn't change.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
K&n is only beneficial if you don't wanna keep buying the oem filters. They add no power, hell I think svtp did a review on the k&n and it actually lost power. As for the cai, the stock intake is actually really good. The only reason I have one is I got a real good deal on mine. If you actually buy an intake, get the airraid

We did that test an did indeed lose power with the K&N in both supercharged and N/A applications.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
the reason I went with a K&N drop in was just to keep from buying new ones. MPG and power are all the same no gain on the 5.0. in the past I have always gain just a little power and MPG

Users who are viewing this thread