K&N FIPK gen II any good?

GtownMACH

smoke tires, not drugs
Established Member
Had a gen II on my cobra and liked it. For some reason i like the way the K&N FIPK's look and fit. Not as cheesy as some other CAI's. Just seeing if anyone had it and liked it. Thanks.

red-light

I see the light
Established Member
i dont have one but its a decent kit for the money..IMO ....specially since it comes with the elbow.
jlt is also nice for the money.

krzemienr

NOS Doesn't Make You Cool
Established Member
it is a pretty nice kit, especially since the plastic elbow helps with heat sink, but i don't care at all for the heat shield that comes with the kit, leave too many open holes everywhere...

ACSVT

1st Ford
Established Member
Only part I hated about mine (still have it) is screwing in the vacuum fittings on the underside of the intake tube. Its very easy to strip the plastic threads and then you're fawked. I used a lighter to kinda soften the plastic up and...almost weld the fittings in heh.

Works great, just that small issue with the plastic.

coild

Established Member
For the price of the K&N Kit.... get the Chickenears setup. I like mine a lot better.

What is the big advantage of the Checkenears over the K&N? Is it just bling or does it give more power? Its the first CAI I've seen that has the filter enclosed in a housing. Seems like it might restrict some air flow?
Just wondering, since I'll be investing in a CAI soon.
Thanks!!

Skrapmetal

Established Member
What is the big advantage of the Checkenears over the K&N? Is it just bling or does it give more power? Its the first CAI I've seen that has the filter enclosed in a housing. Seems like it might restrict some air flow?
Just wondering, since I'll be investing in a CAI soon.
Thanks!!

If you get the Cool-aid kit with the Chickenears CAI, you get a nascar-style ram air scoop. But you can't get it for the $200 price of the K&N... It's $400 for the stage III (CAI + ram air scoop) and almost $600 if you want the air-force-one tube with it to replace the stock corrugated air tube.

And the Chickenears setup really isn't any better than the K&N if you just get the $200 stage I. Both draw in some engine bay air. The Chickenears CAI is more enclosed so it tries to focus more on drawing from the fender hole, but it also leaves you using the stock corrugated air tube that the K&N replaces.

sonic_mike

Established Member
If you get the Cool-aid kit with the Chickenears CAI, you get a nascar-style ram air scoop. But you can't get it for the $200 price of the K&N... It's $400 for the stage III (CAI + ram air scoop) and almost $600 if you want the air-force-one tube with it to replace the stock corrugated air tube.

And the Chickenears setup really isn't any better than the K&N if you just get the $200 stage I. Both draw in some engine bay air. The Chickenears CAI is more enclosed so it tries to focus more on drawing from the fender hole, but it also leaves you using the stock corrugated air tube that the K&N replaces.
huh?
newintakeuk6.jpg

i chose chickenears because there customer service is second to none

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
For the price? You could piece together a kit for cheaper than that. And you can get a K&N filter from Summit for like $30. The Summit brand filters they sell are K&N.

kyl

Peanutbutter & Jealous
Established Member
The only thing I kept from my K@N was the filter, The elbow warped on me and I took off the huge heat shield because it got in the way of my chickenears airforce elbow.

Users who are viewing this thread