Kabar TDI Knife

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
Not a fan of. Not wanting to bring a knife to a gunfight if you know what I mean.

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
Not really a fan for the same reasons stated. (retention)

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
i dont like the way that knife sits very awkward. I do carry a concealed blade attached to my vest and i also have another in my left pocket. i really have them as a last resort if i cant get to my gun in a close quarters struggle

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
i dont like the way that knife sits very awkward. I do carry a concealed blade attached to my vest and i also have another in my left pocket. i really have them as a last resort if i cant get to my gun in a close quarters struggle

Damn Rambo, got any matches and a compass in there.

lol, j/k

EvergreenSVT

Established Member
That taser looks easy to get too. A cop I knew in SoCal told me its not unusual for them to find duty belts and holsters in felons homes there. They practice defeating the retention mechanisms on holsters, and that taser looks like an easy one, especially facing forward.

Last edited:

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
You can get an ankle holster for those Kabar TDI's which might be a better option.
I always thought about getting the ankle setup since I wouldn't want it sticking out like that either.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
I do not like the placement of that knife. With all the tools for defense or offense on a duty belt I find a knife to be not necessary. A concealed knife for purposes of extrication and as a non-emergent tool is a good idea. My agency issued us Gerber Auto Assist Folding Knives?

Beerdog80

Crazy Oklahoman
Established Member
That taser looks easy to get too. A cop I knew in SoCal told me its not unusual for them to find duty belts and holsters in felons homes there. They practice defeating the retention mechanisms on holsters, and that taser looks like an easy one, especially facing forward.

It's the Taser branded, Blade-Tech made, standard holster. There is a thumb break out of view on the left. It's not the best holster and any holster can be defeated but between the thumb break and the retention hood, I've always hated that holster because it's too cumbersome to employ quickly.

If anyone is taking the time to grab that thing (and you can't fend them off with some hands on tactics) then hopefully they are trained well enough to transition to another means of force seamlessly.

Last edited:

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
It's the Taser branded, Blade-Tech made, standard holster. There is a thumb break out of view on the left. It's not the best holster and any holster can be defeated but between the thumb break and the retention hood, I've always hated that holster because it's too cumbersome to employ quickly.

If anyone is taking the time to grab that thing (and you can't fend them off with some hands on tactics) then hopefully they are trained well enough to transition to another means of force seamlessly.

I agree, the retention on those holsters are good enough to defeat a simple grab. The whole thing will break off before you get it out that easily.

Someone grabs for my taser it probably won't end well for them.

jbusmc1986

Got Sig?
Established Member
There is no way I would carry that on or off duty, looks cumbersome and I agree that it looks like a huge target. There is no situation other then cutting someone out of something to save them that I would go to my knife rather then my gun.

txyaloo

Established Member

Cross draw like that is pretty standard when carrying a Taser.

mustanginky

Established Member
There is no way I would carry that on or off duty, looks cumbersome and I agree that it looks like a huge target. There is no situation other then cutting someone out of something to save them that I would go to my knife rather then my gun.

i thought that too however if you're being choked out from behind i don't think i'd want to attempt a close quarters shot, i'd much rather take out my blade and hit their thigh/foot/whatever multiple times it might convince them to let go lol.

i don't however like that knife setup. too easy to be stripped and looks like it'd be in the way.

Users who are viewing this thread