Kaboom

MikeDSVT

Established Member
Well not really.....

I thought for sure yesterday was the day. I lef the house on the way to work and had to follow a damn dump truck at 10mph up a hill for 2 miles and then he continued to take the same route i needed to go on. He got onto the same highway I needed to. And by this point i was pissed.

I saw an opening in the high spped lane as I got onto the highway and matted it. SC was whining and all of a sudden i heard a POOF. Looking in my rearview i see a smoke screen of white smoke and think the worst.

Temp is normal, oil pressure good. I coast it down hill and through a straigth away for 1 mile to get to the next exit. And it smells liek coolant, I wheel it into a parking lot and pop the hood, walk around to see coolant pouring out of the thing and a trail into the parking lot.

I look under the hood and the WHOLE left side is saoked in coolant. I sh*t myself and think please tell me i did not lift the head. The oil is clean.....coolant is clean as can be.

I poke around and find a hose had BURST into pieces. The left rear coolant hose from the block to the heater core burst liek i have never seen. Same hose that had a loose clamp before and leaked onto my coils. I had replaced the clamp about a year ago.

$30 hose because it has a restrictor and no ford dealer in all of new england has one.

Better outcome than what I thought it was going to be at the time. :pepper:

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
Splice it and leave the restrictor out, no worries! Mine has been this way for about a month now without issue. You can use 5/8" heater hose and a clamp to go from the tube off the lower intake right to the fitting that goes into the firewall.

Leeroy697

Established Member
Man I thought to myself as I waited for the thread to open "not another one!!" Glad everything is ok.

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
smkSHO said:
part will be in today special order. So no biggie just a PIA...the restrictor must be there for a reason....

Probably the same reason why my 91GT had one...to keep you from over pressurizing the core and blowing it.
At least you are safe and be glad it was the hose and not the core that went out.

Mika

Established Member
I about crapped a golden brick myself when this happened to my truck. Glad to hear that it's just a hose.

Mika

motorider228

Established Member
lol it's nice when you are expecting something so terrible and it turns out to be a repair you can handle with 20 minutes and the cash in your wallet. Happend to me a few times in the past with my rock crawlers and dirtbikes.

Users who are viewing this thread