Kaenan 3" Cowl hood - painted

Big Ben

stangsofsouthflorida.com
Established Member
Well I finally got my 3" Kaenan hood painted and I am VERY happy with the results. I also did the front bumper, filled in the license plate holes and blended the fenders for a good match. I absolutely love that "stock with a twist" look not to mention taking another 60lbs off the front end.

I snapped these while it was in my office garage and will post some sunny day pix soon!

Cobrapaintedhood006.jpg

Cobrapaintedhood007.jpg

Cobrapaintedhood003.jpg

scootro

Established Member
I always thought that 2 inches was too short for the amount of money you have to spend for painting. I really didn't know there was a 3 inch option? I just thought that there was just 1.5, 2, or the bigger 4 inch hoods.

who did you order your hood from and how’s the quality?????

looks awesome!!!!!!!!!:rockon:

Big Ben

stangsofsouthflorida.com
Established Member
The manufacturer is Kaenan, they also sell them to Steeda who rebrands them as "Steeda" hoods.

I bought mine through Mustang Specialties who does all my work and also sponsors my car. I had a hookup so my price doesn't count but I believe they go for about $375.00. Specialties stocks them so I did not have to pay shipping, I am pretty sure the manufaturer is located in Melbourne Florida.

By the way, it fit PERFECT and hardly had to be aligned. The latch bolted on perfect as well. What I really love about the Kaenen is the back side is open letting the motor breathe and you can see into your intake which looks really cool. Now I want a want a chrome intake for the extra bling!!!

Thanks for the comments guys! My body shop (Signature Auto Body) did an amazing job and they sponsored me as well.

stangbear427

Established Member
jaw.gif
The stock hood weighs over 60lbs?! I've swapped out two stockers for fiberglass, and I know they're lighter, but I'd never have guessed that much!

Looks great though Ben!

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Established Member
I've been debating going with a cowl hood, and now I think im going to have to go buy one.... I HOPE YOURE HAPPY BEN. :-D

I honestly like the cobra R style one on the foxes though and will probabl be going with that one instead of the straight cowl..... Dont know for sure though cause the one you have on there looks REALLY clean....

got hp

SVT Connoisseur
Established Member
I doubt the stock hood weighs 60 lbs. I can pick it up and move it around with no sweat and I am by no means a strong guy.

I personally prefer the stock hood but that looks very nice and excellent paint work. :)

Big Ben

stangsofsouthflorida.com
Established Member
got hp said:
I doubt the stock hood weighs 60 lbs. I can pick it up and move it around with no sweat and I am by no means a strong guy.

Don't hold me to that, I thought that is what my buddy at my speedshop told me.

What I do know is that with my weight savings (hood, fog light bar and bumper removal and with my heavy ass Terminator seats) my car weighed in at a hair under 3100 lbs (no driver) so I think it all adds up!

Thanks for the compliments, I considered a few others but I think the cowls just flow with the lines of the fox beautifully, especially when you see a side profile with the tail.

03BlownSnake

SVT Tech
Established Member
Can you get a picture behind the hood? kind off like a driver's view from the seat? I would like to see the opening =)

i have been thinking of getting a hood for my car soon.. and that looks sweet!

dragrazor

Established Member
I have a kaenan hood on my coupe and I have to say, its a very good hood. It lines up perfect. I highly recommend it.

Users who are viewing this thread