Kaenan 3" Cowl hood - painted

bad93svt

Established Member
Yes, I am buddies w/Kip the owner, They make a cobra r hood for the fox bodies.

Ben, how much would the shop who painted your hood charge me?

I bought a hood. there is only one body shop in Orlando that I know of that does good work, but he wants 500 just to paint the hood..

Therefore it is sitting in my spare bedroom..

Thanks JEff

stangbear427

Established Member
Cool. I'm looking for a high quality alternative to Cervinis, just because I'm tired of them being the go to guys for this stuff. Actually, what I'd really like to find is a heat extractor that has some cowl height, but I've yet to see a fox one- they all seem to be just the stock rise, and I'm pretty sure I don't want heat extractor vents hanging down into my engine bay from the stock rise. I had clearance issues with my intake and strut brace in the old car with a Cervinis ram air kit, and that was a 2.5" cowl. Don't want the same problem with the Cobra.

Big Ben

stangsofsouthflorida.com
Established Member
bad93svt said:
Yes, I am buddies w/Kip the owner, They make a cobra r hood for the fox bodies.

Ben, how much would the shop who painted your hood charge me?

I bought a hood. there is only one body shop in Orlando that I know of that does good work, but he wants 500 just to paint the hood..

Therefore it is sitting in my spare bedroom..

Thanks JEff

Hey Jeff, I will ask them for you. Do you want JUST the hood painted? They emphatically insisted with me to paint the cowl and blend the fenders for a proper match which I was reluctant to do, but pleased with the results.

bad93svt

Established Member
I just want the hood painted, but if the work is good & the price is right, then I would go the same route you did.
Jeff

Big Ben

stangsofsouthflorida.com
Established Member
Okay I finally got a side view pic. I was at a car show today and rained so still no "sunny day" pix!

SawgrassShow024.jpg

And here is the "behind the hood" shot requested. I took while in my garage so it is not that great sorry!

SawgrassShow034.jpg

SawgrassShow035.jpg

One more from the front:

SawgrassShow022.jpg

03BlownSnake

SVT Tech
Established Member
So is the rear pretty much open the whole way? not just screened with 2 oval cut outs or anything like that? Can you see the engine though there I guess is what i'm asking maybe, I dont know, lol
I just want the heat to come out of there! =p

Big Ben

stangsofsouthflorida.com
Established Member
03BlownSnake said:
So is the rear pretty much open the whole way? not just screened with 2 oval cut outs or anything like that? Can you see the engine though there I guess is what i'm asking maybe, I dont know, lol
I just want the heat to come out of there! =p

Yes it is completely open, no screens. You can see the intake which looks SWEET! I want a chrome one now!

Big Ben

stangsofsouthflorida.com
Established Member
venomous99 said:
that sure fits pretty close to stock and a lot better than what ive seen with cervinis

Yeh, I still could line it up a tad better but I would say it's at 95%.

Your white 92 is gorgeous! Bullits look perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread