KB 2.8 with 3.0 pulley, what belt to use??

Leonard 95

Established Member
Drove home from dyno and started to get loud belt squeal. So I am hoping there are other options instead of getting one from kb. Maybe a green belt one? Anyone know part number for belt for kb with 3.0 pulley and stock lower? Thanks!

Yellow Horse

Established Member
TTT

I'm at work so I do not have my KB install manual. I think you can download from their website.

Leonard 95

Established Member
Yea they say you have to buy the belt from them. I don't mind doing that, just figured the gates hd belt better option, 86.4 inches but finding the part number is the problem I have run into.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
I had to buy direct from them. THey say its made specifically for them!

Leonard 95

Established Member
Well little update, here is what I found. The only gates hd green belt that make is 86 inches long. Part number is K100860HD, Van thinks switch back to stock idler instead of 90mm idler this will work. Gonna try it out and find out. Also found old thread for guys wanting to use 3.0 pulley with 10% lower, this belt will work also with no idler per thread on team shelby.

Leonard 95

Established Member
For those wondering, this belt worked perfect on 3.0 pulley, stock lower and used the larger idler still also. Measured both belts, the kenne belle belt was maybe 1/8-1/4 inch longer, almost looked identical.

ej8xok.jpg

Last edited:

Van@RevanRacing

Well little update, here is what I found. The only gates hd green belt that make is 86 inches long. Part number is K100860HD, Van thinks switch back to stock idler instead of 90mm idler this will work. Gonna try it out and find out. Also found old thread for guys wanting to use 3.0 pulley with 10% lower, this belt will work also with no idler per thread on team shelby.

Right on. But what the heck do I know. I'm an electrician. LMAO!!!

Glad it worked. Knew it would.

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
I might need to try this. I get some belt squeal when letting off in higher rpm ranges in the lower gears

Leonard 95

Established Member
I might need to try this. I get some belt squeal when letting off in higher rpm ranges in the lower gears

Try it, I ordered mine through o'reilly parts store here, ended up being like 65 bucks, found place online for 45 but wanted it next day so went local. My belt squeak was really bad, sprayed brake clean on belt and went away for about 3 seconds and squeak came back.

Last edited:

Van@RevanRacing

This is generally the fix but a Thump Racing tensioner also helps with belt squeal. I've had tensioners that were the culprit of the dreaded under hood chirp!

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
Well I can do a $50 belt but the $500 tensioner will probably be a no go. Come on van I'm on a newlywed budget for a bit

Leonard 95

Established Member
Well mine was not the dreaded chirp, it was the dreaded belt squeal at all times, hoping nobody was looking at me while driving, pretty embarrassing.

Users who are viewing this thread