KB 2.8H owners input please.

maxinator

Established Member
Im getting very close to having the extra money for my TS upgrade. As of now im leaning towards the KB 2.8H. At this time in my life I need to make sure I can keep the car daily driver capable and be able to run on 92 octane and am hoping to be able to achieve 550-600rwhp with this blower, which from my research seems very capable. The reason Im not going with a smaller blower is because in the future if I have the luxury of turning this into more of "just a toy" I would like a blower that gives me room to grow into. With that being said is there any KB 2.8H owners running it at around 600rwhp? How much boost did you need to attain this and how are its street manners? I dont have a CAI at this time and dont have an upgraded TB so not sure if the mammoth kit would be worth it for me since it comes with both. I was planning on going with 60lb/80lb injectors KB BAP and what Mass Air would you all recommend? Thanks.

GodStang

Established Member
Running 19psi and 93 octane and 16degrees timing. Tad over 700.

SCT Big air are good MAFs. Also JLT 110mm MAF is nice. Mammoth is always nice if you can spend the dough on it. I would recommend Fore hat, ford GT pumps, Fore rails, and FRPP 80s.

Your goals with your wanted mods seem very achievable.

rich5150

Network Guy
Established Member
It's hands down the best blower I've ever owned.

The simplest install, zero issues. 100% reliable thusfar. It's made a few trips to the beach and SC from WV.

Pictures of the INSTALL

DSC01279.JPG

Below are a Bone-Stock
Tune, LT's 3" exhaust, CAI
KenneBell 18psi
Dyno Sheet

dynosheet.jpg

Last edited:

maxinator

Established Member
Is the Mammoth worth it for the 03/04 cobras or would i be getting a better set up by getting the 2.8H and buying the other parts seperately CAI TB etc? Also I'm looking at KB site right now and do you get a new Mass Air with the Mammoth kit as well, if so If I add the CAI Mass Air and TB up im comming close to making the Mammoth price make more sense. Thanks

Last edited:

Sweet '96 Cobra

Beat 'em with a stick!
Established Member
If your spending the money buy the Mammoth Kit and you'll never look back...Trust me!

Im at 606rwhp right now on only 15 psi and its a very safe tune...

maxinator

Established Member
Sweet, What Octane are you running to make the 606rwhp and what are your supporting mods? Thats almost exactly where I want to be thanks.

Last edited:

Sweet '96 Cobra

Beat 'em with a stick!
Established Member
Sweet, What Octane are you running to make the 606rwhp and what are your supporting mods? Thats almost exactly where I want to be thanks.

91 octane here, its all we can get...No 93..:shrug:

dual focus pumps, KB BAP, RC 72lb injectors...Magnaflow catted x and a Mac catback.

maxinator

Established Member
What pulley set up you using for the 15lbs boost? Also does the Mammoth kit come with a Mass Air?

Users who are viewing this thread