KB and 255 Focus pumps ??????? help

raiders03

Banned
Well I decided to put the KB on my car today and have it dynoed. I have 55lb injectors and I already had the upgraded Focus 255 fuel pumps. The car ran rich as hell untill 5000 RPM when it just shot lean. Only took the car to 5400 RPM and had to let off. I had 621 actual RWHP and or 600 SAE RWHP with the 19 psi pulley. My question is how much RWHP can the Focus pumps handle? Are they gatting maxed out? What else could cause this problem?

LTHL PSI

All bow to Sid
I had a similar problem, but mine would drop fuel pressure or just go pig rich, go figure, it ended up being the Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor..Jerry from FORDCHIPS tuned it and diagnosed it for and he told me they go bad all the time..I now carry a spare with me.

The Focus pumps and 55lb. Injectors should hold you until 700+rwhp.

raiders03

Banned
03DOHC
Yes I did. My car is still there. They put a rev limiter at 5000 RPM so i can drive it till Wed. or so when Byron can get back there and work his magic.

Rwick7

Established Member
The bottleneck will be the fuel rails and lines from the pump before you run outta pump in my opinion.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
A little off topic...sorry...but do your focus pumps seem a little more noisy than the stock pumps?

Rwick7

Established Member
I didn't notice any noise...but I got alot of new noises going on with the ATI and offroad pipe

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
It may just be me...it's been a while since I've heard any noises from this car. :rollseyes

LTHL PSI

All bow to Sid
Originally posted by StlBlack03
I didn't notice any noise...but I got alot of new noises going on with the ATI and offroad pipe

:lol: How can you hear anything over that turbine..i would have to wear those ear muffs like at the airports:lol:

Seriously i love the sound:rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread