KB Cobra VS Ford GT (exhaust & tune) -vids-

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
Fadis_Z said:
What speed did you start from?

From my experience and racing FGT's (two of them to date, and pulling on both) is that it really depends on what mph/gear the GT starts from.

When I raced the FGT(s), in the races that I was in 2nd at about 50-55, I would pull on the GT pretty good since 55 in 2nd is a sweet spot for me. But, while I am in 2nd at about 55, the GT is also in 2nd. But remember, 2nd gear in the GT goes to about 95 mph, so, 2nd gear for the GT at 50-55 is not optimal, resulting in a too low of an rpm to start from. The problem is though that if the GT is in 1st from a 50-55, it will just spin, so 2nd is almost a must unless the car has dr's.

I learned that the GT's sweet spot in a 2nd gear punch is like a 65-70, where it can be in its powerband and utilize its tq/hp much better. When I raced the GT from a 70, it would actually jump me at the beginning (pretty hard) while it is in 2nd gear. This is why I ask what mph you started from and maybe justify the the GT's beating.

But, it almost seems like in your video that it doesn't even matter..:eek:

i agree :thumbsup:

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
Screamin Cobra said:
We were on the interstate, so we were at about 40mph at most.
2nd gear/40mph roll.

and this is why the GT got beat so bad. if the race was done from 65-135 the gt would have probably stayed with the cobra

COBRA504

Banned
I rode in andrew car yesterday and we fried the tires in 3rd gear. that dam car pulls harder than mine.and my car has 500hp and I have 4.10`s in it. that shit made me want to go get a K.B. today.:D

thats 1 bad ass car.:pepper: :banana: :pepper: :rockon:

Last edited:

Fourcam330

Established Member
Screamin Cobra said:
...might be a 4 banger Evo but it traps 138mph? :shrug:

That's pretty impressive, but what kind of gas were you running? I can respect the performance, but not the sound it makes while doing so. ;-)

88lx351coupe

Established Member
give *me* the FGT, at that speed I'd have it at about 4,000 rpms ready to go... from the looks of it the guy in the GT cant drive that well...

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Fast Freddy said:
If the race was done from 65-135 the gt would have probably stayed with the cobra

Or if the GT was in the right gear. At 40mph, 1st gear has about 22mph left in it. Starting at 40 in 2nd puts you at ~2700rpm instead of ~4100 in 1st. I was looking at the SAE paper from Roush, which is really good btw, and max torque is developed at about 4300. Starting in the right gear is more important than the speed.

88lx351coupe

Established Member
DBK said:
Or if the GT was in the right gear. At 40mph, 1st gear has about 22mph left in it. Starting at 40 in 2nd puts you at ~2700rpm instead of ~4100 in 1st. I was looking at the SAE paper from Roush, which is really good btw, and max torque is developed at about 4300. Starting in the right gear is more important than the speed.

exactly, the driver didnt have his gun out of his holster and ready to go(analagy that comes to mind when I'm on the freeway and I have it in the lower gear at abot the 4,000K rpms range or so ready to go)

Users who are viewing this thread