KB install help.

Silver 03 Cobra

I'm just about finished installing the KB on Pumped03's Cobra and ran into a couple of problems. The first one is the PVC hose from the driver's side will not reach the large bulb. I've looked at the routing. It looks like the only thing to do is go to Autozone and buy an elbow about three inches longer to fit on the nipple. Any one else have this problem.

The second problem is the connection of the lower vacuum supply line to the lower barbed fitting on the back of the KB in Step No. 84 of the KB instruction booklet. For some reason, on this KB there is a pipe plug instead of a barbed fitting in this position. There is a side note that doing this will only allow this line to see vacuum and will render the stock boost gauge useless. I want the boost gauge supply line to work since there is an aftermarket boost gauge "T"d off this line under the dash.

Could I take the boost line off this elbow described in Step 84 and tee it to a boost line and supply boost to the factory and aftermarket gauges? There are two lines on the elbow. Does anyone know which goes under the dash?

If I do this, could I leave the pipe plug in the KB inlet and then take the other remaining line off the elbow and "T" it into the vacuum line on the upper elbow on the KB barbed inlet?

torqued

Go Fast Turn Left
Established Member
I think that barb supplies boost pressure to the fuel management system. The more boosts it registers the more fuel pressure it sends to the injectors.

Silver 03 Cobra

I'm talking about the barbed fittings above the boost supply barb. I found out there is a supplement for this in the KB instruction packet. I didn't realize it was for this change. KB said they had origianlly feared that the high boost of the KB would damage the stock boost gauge so they plumbed it to the vacuum side of the intake. I think they now know it want damage the gauge and it would be no big deal if it did.

predator

Established Member
As for the PVC hose.....even though I installed a Whipple I might be able to help. The hose seemed a bit stretched when I tried to reconnect for me too. I bought new hose and cut to length. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread