KB Tuning Options? Cant Get a Good KB Tune

stangin

Established Member
Originally posted by RDSZ
Thats what happen to me, my first time at the dyno was 603rwhp then I went to a different dyno and got 548rwhp. I wonder why so much gap in hp.

I am beginning to wonder now, could my "stock" 5000 mile clutch be slipping, I never smell clutch.. ever. The Cobra runs like a beast! Is the dyno I am using "dynojet sae" showing less than others? I think I will bite the bullet and drive up to JDM for the tune, I will have them dyno once before they do anything to get a baseline as of now, then let them tune to see if the numbers go up..

Last edited:

Vindication

Flossy Fast
Established Member
I might go the JDM route. I already have the chip from Aug of last year. I'll send them the list of mods and we'll see what JDM can do with 91 octane and 15 pounds with this thing. If I can get the RWHP to 560 and the torque above 510 I'll be pleased. Current numbers are 540/480 @ 15 pounds.

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
Vindication- You're going to mail them your chip? You need to strap that thing to a dyno and have it tuned specifically for your car.

stangin

Established Member
I agree, need the dyno tune.. I talked to JDM (Anthony) and he was not sure about mail order tuning which makes me think they probably know what they are doing. I hate to have to do the dyno tune.. no good tuners without a road trip, but getting a chip in the mail then going to my local dyno is getting expensive and then the tune usually has something wrong with it. My dyno guy pulled a Diablo tune down and burned it into my chip and the A/F was a bit lean so he had Diablo richen it up a little at the high end, but still the Cobra is not tuned for the best numbers by a good 03 tuner.

Twinturbo Ranger

Established Member
If JDM was only 8 hours from me I'd take a road trip !! He has always done me right on my Lightning and was very helpful when I ended up with a bad Accufab TB for it.

Thanks Mike

Vindication

Flossy Fast
Established Member
so far thats my only option in some way. There is one guy up North In San Fran making good numbers. Once again, I think he is a JDM guy also.

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
I'd be very concerned with a mail order chip tune making big power like you are. That could be very bad news. There must be someone in LA that can provide basic dyno services. You could always mail out your chip to JDM or whoever then take it and have it dyno'd paying special attention to your A/F ratio. You have no way to change it at that point thought.

Have you considered buying a predator?

Fastford

Established Member
I have a KB with 15lb. of Boost. I use a tunner in the St. louis area that is EXCELLENT. I run 50lb. injectors no BAP and NO CHIP. Everythig is done by reflashing.. NO drivablity issues at all. I drive it to work everyday 25 miles each way.

550 HP 500lbs torque.

APTEN PERFORMANCE

Drop him an Email

Last edited:

APTEN

Apten Performance
Established Member
where are you located? I've done a ton of 03KB cobras and I can either flash the EEC or use a chip. I've seen people with problems like yours, e-mail me or PM me and we can talk a little more.

Brian
[email protected]

Users who are viewing this thread