keep em` or sell em`??

Ddawg18

Established Member
Hey all,

I have a 98 chrome yellow Cobra vert134k black leather beautiful condition. I also have a 97 Pacific green Cobra coupe 140k with 25k on an aluminator 10:1 motor in great condition as well. I figure I can get $10-$12k for both of these cars if I sell them locally being that they are clean and blow ice cold AC etc.

My friends are talking me into buying a 05-06 GT with the money instead of having 2 older cars. My argument is that I feel like these 2 cobras have hit the bottom of what they are worth anyway and the 05-06 will depreciate further as well as open my pockets for mods. We just had our first kid and bought a house 1.5 years ago so I don't want to put more money into a purchase or I would prefer an 03 cobra.

What do you guys think? Dump the cobras for something newer and less miles? :shrug:

my94pony

addicted
Established Member
in your position with a new kid and all id probably dump the one you like less and get a reliable truck (this is assuming this is your only 2 cars) if not then deff dump both and grab a 05+ gt, it will have plenty of power and still be a fun car while being more reliable and practical for someone in your position imo

J.Rovirosa

Established Member
I'd get an SN95 with fewer miles and have a bit leftover for exhaust and suspension mods.

Ddawg18

Established Member
For the record my wife and I have 2 Dds so these sit in the driveway and the garage.

Do you think I am on point with pricing?

SVTPete83

Established Member
Unless you are talking Ford gt, no way would I trade my 96 cobra for a later model 3v gt. not a chance!

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
Sell the cobra you like the least and put that money into the other cobra. Best idea ever.

Unless you are talking Ford gt, no way would I trade my 96 cobra for a later model 3v gt. not a chance!

Why's that? I had been debating this idea for months. But I love the rawness of my old cobra and the sound of the 4v.

if you guys already have two dds then i wouldnt trade two cobras for a 3v man... Thats terrible downgrade imo

I wouldn't say a down grade. The 3v is much newer and most likely more reliable. They look sweet with the right wheels and springs too. I wouldn't say a downgrade. They seem to make more power with bolt ons. Not to mention ladies don't even notice my old car vs a s197.

4vRedone

Banned
Ok but hes married im sure hes not trying to impress anyone anymore besides the people at the track. Also Its all opinion i think the 3vs are ugly, So i guess what i should be saying is do what your heart tells you. 3vs are heavier then 96-98 cobras and as far as my experience goes ive not lost to any 3vs ive raced.

SVTPete83

Established Member
I would almost rather do bolt ons to a 2v then a 3v. The cars are heavy with no more power than a 4v. Way less fun to drive and must be forced induction to run good. When my cobra was na with bolt ons it was a mid 12 second car all day. It was a blast to drive. It would be tough to get that kind of speed and response from the s1-97 3v. To me unless it's a gt 500 there is no way I am trading my sn95 cobra for a 3v gt.

65x2

Resident Hippie
Established Member
I'd really be surprised if you got that kind of money out of your CY car. Maybe the aluminator car. But eh...I sold a 120k 96 and couldn't get 8k and it was clean.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
I think you're way off price wise on both cars, unless someone local to you doesn't know anything about current market prices.

Ddawg18

Established Member
I think you're way off price wise on both cars, unless someone local to you doesn't know anything about current market prices.

You think I am way off on pricing? $10-$12k for both cars. M:coolman:eaning I am looking for $6k a piece give or take. I know I could get that all day long for both cars.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member

I hated my 96 Cobra after driving a 2006 GT. It was a convertible but was quieter than my coupe and it drove and handled much better.

Users who are viewing this thread